Posted By
Phosphor
Sep 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello to all,
I am new to the forum and have been encouraged from the messages I have read to have the courage to join in the discussions regardless of my level of Photoshop Elements or my level of expertise with my camera. I am hoping this question is not a total loss or evidence of my ignorance.
However, if someone can tell me how to upload the photo in question, I am confident someone can help. The pic is of one point in my grandson’s baptism, the expression on his face is priceless. Unfortunately, in the emotion of the moment for me, the pic is blurred. Can you tell me how to share the pic with you, or what place in PE 1 I should go to to correct the picture, if at all possible, I will be forever grateful. This appears to be a most welcoming and compassionate place for us newbies. . .
I thank you all in advance for any assistance you can provide. Kindest regards,
Caroline Bobb

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LK
Leen Koper
Sep 28, 2003
Caroline,

Welcome to the group. Join the family!

This is a bunch of very helpful people, but unfortunately I’ve got bad news for you. If this original picture is blurred there is very little you can do about it. When it isnot in the image, even Photoshop cannot bring it out.
Just only an extremely skilled professional retoucher might be able to reconstruct the image by "painting a new face" with the original image as a guide line.

Probably the you might ask Jodi Frye, an extremely talented woman on this forum; she recently started a new illustrative business career and if someone on the forum is able to do this job it ‘s her.

(Jodi, I don’t need a commission fee) 😉

Leen
PD
Pete D
Sep 28, 2003
Caroline,

There is no "upload" web space for the forum so we can see what you have.

e mail it to me at
PD
Pete D
Sep 28, 2003
Here is the picture Caroline is asking about for anyone that wants to offer suggestions to her.

http://home.comcast.net/~peted1/wsb/html/view.cgi-image.html –SiteID-972127.html
P
Phosphor
Sep 28, 2003
Wow. It looks to me like Leen was right. That was is very badly blurred. If anybody comes up with salvation for it, though, I have one not quite that challenging I’d love for them to take on! 🙂

I’m sorry about the blurriness, Caroline. That would have been a wonderful shot.
DS
Dick Smith
Sep 28, 2003
It looks to me like that picture has been double exposed, as opposed to being blurred by camera motion, per se. I have several shots like that it my collection that were taken with a flash but a very slow shutter speed resulting in what looks like ghost imaging.

Unfortunately I don’t have any suggestions that might help it.

Dick
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 28, 2003
Dick, this image has been taken without flash as there wouldnot have been a shadow under the man’s arm. This is the result of a long shutterspeed.
Caroline, I ‘m afraid you will have to live with this image the way it is. Nevertheless you can still see the nice expression on the face. The only way to improve it a little is to remove the distracting elements in the background.

Leen
PD
Pete_D
Oct 2, 2003
Caroline,

I will let the picture up a while longer to see if anyone wanders through the forum that has any ideas.

One thing that could be done is have another picture of his face and overlay it. May even make an interesting picture with his face clear and the rest of the picture blurred. (His face would need to be at about the same angle to the camera).

Pete

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections