TP
Posted By
tracy_ponder
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need some help. I’m new to fcp and cannot get a exported (filmstrip) like I did in Premiere to photoshop. Is image seq file the same as filmstrip? If so, how can you import then export and have a rotoscoped seq in fcp?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NP
Navarro_Parker
Apr 20, 2004
Premieres filmstrip format is as old as the hills — only Adobe applications still support the format. Filmstrip assembles each frame of your video as a very very tall vertical strip and saves it as one file. Image Sequence saves each frame of video as an individual file. FCP (and likewise Quicktime) cannot handle Filmstrip files. Run your filmstrip through Premeire or After Effects to make a Quicktime movie or image sequence.
J
JasonSmith
Apr 20, 2004
"Run your filmstrip through Premeire or After Effects to make a Quicktime movie or image sequence."

Then once you do that, assign those frames into a folder and run a batch action that applies whatever Photoshop treatment you need.

If I remember correctly, FCP itself will export as an image sequence.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections