KK
Posted By
Kathleen_Kato
Apr 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently installed Panther on my Powerbook G4 & have been using Photoshop & Illustrator CS without too much problem so far. But 2 strange things have started to occur with Photoshop:

1/ When attempting to change from RGB to INDEX color, no dialog box appears for specifying # of colors. Instead the image appears to convert to INDEX & then freezes. All options are greyed out & the only way out is to force quit the entire computer. Force quitting Photoshop doesn’t work.
2/ When using the color cursor in the open color box to select a color, the color suddenly changes from RGB to Grayscale – very annoying.

Should I reload Photoshop ? If so, how do I update permissions, etc ? I have run 1st aid to repair permissions – & everything was OK.
—- thanks in advance for your help ! ——

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 20, 2004
Did you try trashing Preference file?
KK
Kathleen_Kato
Apr 21, 2004
hi Ed,

Maybe I’m not looking in the right place, but I don’t find a Preference Folder for CS Photoshop — Not under Applications in the Photoshop Folder or in the Utility Folder ??? Excuse my ignorance, but I am still getting used to Panther.

kk
P
Phosphor
Apr 21, 2004
You might want to bookmark the following link, Kathleen: <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/6712.htm>
KK
Kathleen_Kato
Apr 21, 2004
Re-creating Preferences did the trick !
THANKS MUCH for your help — bookmarked the link.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections