Posted By
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi group!

I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my office, on the 19th floor. It gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think… Take a look πŸ™‚

http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics

Ray

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DB
Do_Brinkmann
Oct 1, 2003
Hi Ray…What wonderful dramatic skies. They are great, glad you shared them with us. Dorothy
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks! I don’t usually bring the camera in my lunch box, but I had some work to do and since it was there, I took the time to enjoy the moment. My colleagues looked at me in a strange way, though
πŸ˜‰

Ray
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 1, 2003
Nice photos. I’m curious about which city you work.

JoAnn
"Ray" wrote in message
Hi group!

I shot some skies today. Some of them I shot from the window of my
office, on the 19th floor. It
gives those pictures a more dramatic view, I think… Take a look πŸ™‚
http://www.pbase.com/carbone/mics

Ray

B
bethC
Oct 1, 2003
Your sky pictures are wonderful Ray. IΒ’ve been taking some cloud formation pictures myself. Clouds absolutely fascinate me and I like sky gazing on days where you see the sun lighting up the clouds from behind. Of course, I really donΒ’t know anything about taking pictures other than to point and click. I am really an amateur but IΒ’m learning a lot from this forum. Your vacation pictures were wonderful too.
I took these pictures before I joined the forum (the forum now inspires me to get more creative with my photographs) if you would like to see them you can check them out here as I uploaded them for some of my friends to view. (no cloud pictures in this lot)
<http://www.ontariobusinessgroup.com/Ottawa>

beth
LG
Lorace_Graham
Oct 1, 2003
I love the pictures of the clouds, Ray. Beautiful job. I love clouds, too, but we seldom get them in Arizona.

When we do, I never can resist shooting them. You need to be quick, don’t you? They can change before you get the camera from its case!

Thanks for sharing,

Lorace
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
I work in Montreal (Canada) JoAnn.
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thank you Lorace πŸ™‚
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thank you Beth. I took a quick look at your pictures, but I have limited time this morning (got to leave for work in 45 minutes). I’ll look at them again tonight.

Ray
PD
Pete_D
Oct 1, 2003
beth,

Your pictures are good. (obvious you know what you are doing)

Pete
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Pete! In fact, I don’t πŸ˜‰ I mean, I’m learning. I’m taking photography lessons and these serves me as practice shots. Some are good (1%) some are bad (99%)… Lucky for me I’m shooting digital!

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Oct 1, 2003
Hi Ray and Beth, Great pictures! I love the sky pictures too. I took the dog on her morning walk just before sunrise, and what a great pink + orange sky greeted us. The clouds looked as if they were painted into the sky!
I didn’t have the camera with me though.
Jane
B
bethC
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Pete, I hear some techie talk about cameras and everything on the forum and I really feel there is so much to learn. I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290. The newer cameras seem to do so much more, but so far I am happy with this camera.

Jane, thank you. The skies and nature are so beautiful in the fall I hope you get a chance to take some pictures and share them with us.

beth
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 1, 2003
I have an older camera, a Kodak DC290.

Beth,

I’ve got that same camera and it’s a good one. I’ve taken many great photo’s with it. I am in the market for a new one though. I want more mega pixels and faster shutter responce. Also, the processing time between photo’s is starting to drive me crazy!

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Joe, that lag between pressing the shutter and having it take the picture is the bane of most digital camera owners’ existence; might be worthy of a thread to see if anyone has found digitals (other than SLR’s) that are better in this category.

Chuck
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 1, 2003
Good idea Chuck! Why don’t you start one? πŸ˜‰ My biggest gripe with my old Kodak right now though is when I go to take a couple or three pictures right in a row, I literally can’t take anymore for about 2 minutes. I’m going to assume that camera’s these days do a better job with this.

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Joe, I just might do that! But the delay you’re describing is significantly more than what I’ve experienced with a variety of Canon models.
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Oct 1, 2003
Chuck,

It’s kind of funny but when I first got the camera 2 years ago (it was end of lifing when I bought it), the processing delay didn’t bother me. I just figured it was par for the digital camera course. Now I know better and am really salivating for a speedier camera. Plus, I want one that’ll handle different ISO speeds. I think my DC290 maxes out at 100.

Joe
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Joe, I really don’t have much experience with the higher ISO’s, although I think my Canon G2 can do 400. The tradeoff for most cameras is a noticeable increase in noise, which makes editing more challenging. Ray Robillard has had some success with higher ISO shots (up to 800, I believe) with his Canon 10D, but that’s another area where feedback from the forum’s assembled multitude would be of value before you make the big move to new equipment.
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
The 10D is really not to be compared with P&S cameras, it’s in a class of its own. 800 ISO pictures
I shot with : http://www.pbase.com/image/21539179/large
http://www.pbase.com/image/21539180

In fact, the current Challenge is an 800 ISO picture. Not bad…

I had a Canon Powershot A20 before that, and I could take more than 3 pictures in a row, but I can’t
remember the exact number. Turning off the "picture preview" helped to gain more speed. But
pictures were like 0.80 seconds apart. Nothing to show a full motion. That camera didn’t have any ISO rating I could specify, though.

My friend has a Powershot A70 and at ISO 400, noise is really noticeable. Not too badly, but don’t think of printing an 8 x 10, it’ll show up really big time. 4 x 6 is manageable.

Ray
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 1, 2003
Ray, thanks for the info!

πŸ™‚

Chuck
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 1, 2003
Wonderful pictures, as usual, Ray! I haven’t seen a cloud around here in so long I’ve forgotten what they look like!

I enjoyed yours, too, Beth. I loved Ottawa when we were back there many years ago. I see those Parliament buildings haven’t changed much! πŸ™‚ It’s another place I’d love to visit again.
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Your pictures are really beautifull! The ruins I especially like. You should send the Indian for Grant’s challenge!
And I wonder what was the meditation stone for (I mean, I know what it is, but was it for a group or
a single person at a time?)

Ray
R
Ray
Oct 1, 2003
Thanks Beth πŸ™‚

Ray
B
bethC
Oct 2, 2003
Thanks Rae, next time I’m down by the canal I’ll have to have another look at the meditation stone as I’m not sure. πŸ™‚ Okay, I’ll send the Indian photo along to Grant, in case he might want to use it. πŸ˜‰
Thanks Beth, No the Parliament buildings never chance πŸ™‚ although sections are currently undergoing restoration.

beth
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 2, 2003
BETH C,
Thanks for sharing. I particularly liked the wroght iron bed with the holy candle on the chest of drawers.
Marty
B
bethC
Oct 2, 2003
Thanks, Marty.

beth

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections