T
Posted By
Tuxedo
Apr 15, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know a tool that can process all images in directory (usually huge images) and scale them down to a manageable pre-defined pixel width or height? I do not want to use Photoshop for this. Instead, I’m looking for a simple single purpose application for use on a Windows XP or Vista box.

Thanks for any tips.
Tuxedo

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
Joel
Apr 15, 2009
Tuxedo wrote:

Does anyone know a tool that can process all images in directory (usually huge images) and scale them down to a manageable pre-defined pixel width or height? I do not want to use Photoshop for this. Instead, I’m looking for a simple single purpose application for use on a Windows XP or Vista box.

I don’t use any to remember the NAMES but I have seen lot of people asking and answering so I know there are lot of them out there waiting to be tested. I would GOOGLE then pick the one meets your need

Thanks for any tips.

You are quite welcome, and hope it’s one of the tips you need.

Tuxedo
F
Fishface
Apr 15, 2009
Tuxedo wrote:

Irfanview has a Batch Conversion/Rename tool on the file menu. http://www.irfanview.com/

It can be used from the command line, and allows mixed portrait and landscape resizes by referring to "long side" and "short side" dimensions.
R
Rob
Apr 16, 2009
Tuxedo wrote:
Thanks for any tips.
Tuxedo

How big are we talking about from ? to ?.
TH
Tom Harvey
Apr 16, 2009
In message <gs4pl8$jk0$01$>, Tuxedo
writes

Faststone image resizer?
http://www.faststone.org/

Tom Harvey______________________________________________________ _____ http://www.harveyzone.com/ Home: tom(a)harveyzone.com
J
Joel
Apr 16, 2009
Tom Harvey wrote:

In message <gs4pl8$jk0$01$>, Tuxedo
writes

Faststone image resizer?

The OP sprayed the same question to around 2 groups then hung him/her or wharever self

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections