SF
Posted By
sj_fischer
Oct 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
sometimes…. after saving transparent .gif animations … which view and play as desired… when I open the saved .gif some of the layers have parts of other layers not saved or viewed in the original save…. any ideas?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JB
Jennifer_Barrett
Oct 22, 2003
Does anyone know how to keep the background layer constant (visible in each frame) when making an animated gif with layers in Photoshop Elements? When I go to preview it in the browser, the background is just treated as the first frame and disappears in the next. Any help would be great.
I
imacgirl
Oct 22, 2003
Jennifer,

In order for the background to appear in each frame it must first be duplicated and merged with each layer. If you have 4 layers, you will have to duplicate the background 4 times.

Duplicate the background and go to Layer—>Merge Visible, making sure only the two layers you want merged have the ‘eye’ active in the layers palette (very important). Do that for each layer. Also make sure you have the layer you want appearing on top of the background is above it in the layers palette prior to merging.

The last step is to discard the layer with the background only.

Let me know if this helps you.

Barb
JB
Jennifer_Barrett
Oct 24, 2003
Thanks, Barb,
I was afraid that was the answer. My background is actually the largest layer, and all the rest are just text. I’ll have to simplify it, I think.
Much appreciative,
Jennifer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections