MB
Posted By
margaret_brock
Oct 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to turn a photo into a crossstitch/needlepoint grid pattern. I have been able to save the image with only 8 colors (the standard number for a simple needlepoint) and I could draw a grid, but some of the squares aren’t well defined.

If anyone can point me to a tutorial I’d appreciate it.

I know there are apps that can do it, but then I wouldn’t have the fun of doing it myself 🙂

Margaret

Mac btw

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 8, 2003
I’s suggest getting PCStich v6. You can import a photo as well as limit the number of colors your design uses. The cost is roughly $50 US – check the website www.pcstitch.com

JoAnn – also a needleworker 🙂

wrote in message
Does anyone know how to turn a photo into a crossstitch/needlepoint grid
pattern. I have been able to save the image with only 8 colors (the standard number for a simple needlepoint) and I could draw a grid, but some of the squares aren’t well defined.
If anyone can point me to a tutorial I’d appreciate it.

I know there are apps that can do it, but then I wouldn’t have the fun of
doing it myself 🙂
Margaret

Mac btw
EM
Elena Murphy
Oct 8, 2003
Try the Texture: Patchwork filter under the filter menu. If you already have it down to your 8 colors, that might do the trick.
MB
margaret_brock
Oct 8, 2003
Thanks Elena, that pretty much takes care of it. I’ll have to smooth out some edges before I go to the last step, but it does a pretty good job of doing what I want.

Sorry JoAnn, I use a Mac so PC Stitch won’t work for me – that and I’ve over spent this summer – can’t afford any more software LOL

Margaret
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 8, 2003
Well, you could send it to me, I can import it into PCStitch and send the resulting file back to you in a .pdf file. I wouldn’t want to make a practice of it but……………

wrote in message
Thanks Elena, that pretty much takes care of it. I’ll have to smooth out
some edges before I go to the last step, but it does a pretty good job of doing what I want.
Sorry JoAnn, I use a Mac so PC Stitch won’t work for me – that and I’ve
over spent this summer – can’t afford any more software LOL
Margaret
MB
margaret_brock
Oct 8, 2003
Thanks for the offer JoAnn, but I don’t really want the chart as much as I want to figure out how to do it in PhotoShop or Elements. I know it can be done and I just want to learn how.

Thanks anyway, Margaret
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Oct 8, 2003
okie dokie – figured I’d offer. 🙂

wrote in message
Thanks for the offer JoAnn, but I don’t really want the chart as much as I
want to figure out how to do it in PhotoShop or Elements. I know it can be done and I just want to learn how.
Thanks anyway, Margaret

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections