V
Posted By
VeenaU
May 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am trying to develop a filter plug in for photoshop. I would like to do that using photpshop ADM. I am very new to using photoshop and the SDK. I started to dive into it a couple of days ago. I went thro’ the plug-ins guide, ADM guide, some other documents (of ofcourse related to photoshop:))& also the sample codes that we get with photoshop SDK 6.0.
They instead of clearing the route, confused me a lot:(

From the samples, what i noticed is that for the filter plugins the pluginmain() fucntion definition is different from that of other plugins. The definition for the plugin main is as follows:

DLLExport SPAPI void
PluginMain(const int16 selector,
FilterRecord* filterRecord,
int32* data,
int16* result);

(What abt the "caller" here??)

Whereas for the plugins that use ADM the fn. definition is as follows: DLLExport SPAPI SPErr
PluginMain(const char* caller, // who is calling
const char* selector, // what do they want
const void* data )// what is the message

Now my doubt is that, will i be able to use ADM in my plugin if i follow the first definition?? Is there any difference between the way we have to interpret the message from photoshop when a filter plugin is activated and other plugin is activated??
From where will i get the pointer to the caller, selector and data when i use the first definition. When i changed the definition as the second one i am not able to interpret the message:( Could anyone help me out or give me some pointers regarding this?? Kindly bear if it is very silly as i am a novice programmer in plugin development(just 2 days old!!:))
Thanks, Veena.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 13, 2005
SDK questions should be posted to the Photoshop SDK mailing list.

And I really don’t recommend using ADM.
TT
Toby_Thain
May 13, 2005
You should be guided by the way sample code does it; of which there is much more here <http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/>.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections