LJ
Posted By
lily_jack
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
on the list of fonts in photoshop CS, about 90% of the fonts on my computer aren’t showing up. any reason why this might be? (i’m using OSX, if that helps at all.) thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

GB
g_ballard
Apr 27, 2004
lily, try adding

fonts limit

to your search
G
graball
Apr 28, 2004
wrote in message news:…
on the list of fonts in photoshop CS, about 90% of the fonts on my computer aren’t showing up. any reason why this might be? (i’m using OSX, if that helps at all.) thanks!

Of the many questions I also have about CS, this is one I do have the answer for. Apparently there is an artificial font limit of 256 fonts, so if you have over 1000 fonts like I do, only a small portion will show up in the font list.

From what I’ve learned so far there’s no actual way to fix this ridiculous shortcoming and Adobe isn’t interested in addressing it. The only solution anyone seems to have is to use a font manager like Fontbook – which is included in Panther – and swap sets of fonts in and out.

Of course, anyone who has thousands of fonts and has them for a reason is going to find this laughably inconvenient – I know I do.

Don’t ask about this on the Adobe forums on their website. You’ll just get ridiculed and insulted because apparently real graphic designers only use Arial or somesuch.

Dave

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections