SH
Posted By
scott_hoerner
May 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to select the align images box in the merge to HDR menu I will get an error message when the align process starts. "Align images process could not be completed..not enough storage available to complete this operation"
I have gotten this when working with only 2 images as a test. I have: 2gig ram
200 gig main drive
500 gig raid scratch (have also tried main drive as scratch) memory allocation set at 75%

I can run merge to HDR on 7 90meg images with no problem. Just can’t do it with even 2 20 meg images when the align box is checked.

Anyone else had this problem?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 13, 2005
The alignment process does use a lot of RAM. You can try reducing Photoshop’s memory allocation and see if that works (if it does, I need to go bug the MergeToHDR author ;-).
SH
scott_hoerner
May 14, 2005
Chris, It worked. I reduced it to 50% and it aligned 7 90meg images with no problem. Is the align function trying to access memory outside of the 75% (of 2 gig)? By the way. I am running on XP with no other programs running including autoupdates or virus scanners. Just a dedicated machine for PS.
CC
Chris_Cox
May 14, 2005
It’s not supposed to, but sounds like it is. Darn.
Oh, John……

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections