Posted By
Chris_Whelan
Oct 12, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I have been using PE2 for about a year. A couple of weeks ago, when clonimg, the area being stamped became really small in relation to the set brush size. Even with the brush size on 2500 pixels, the area that the stamp was applied to was only a few pixels wide. If I set the pixel size to a lower value, the stamped area is only about 1 pixel wide.
I have tried other "brush-type" functions, (Burn, painting, etc.) and they all show the same problem.

To try to see what was going on, I created a new image 500 pixels square. If I select a brush 100 pixels wide, when I paint the result is only 1 pixel wide. Even with the brush sixe at maximum, painting only produces a brush stroke a few pixels wide.

I have tried deleting Prefs, this didn’t help. I then tried a re-install, still no good.

To make certain that I wasn’t imagining how it used to work, I did a temporary install on a second machine and everything worked as it should.
I’m guessing that a registry enrty has become corrupted, and this is not changed by a re-install. Any ideas please?

My machine is a PC running XP Home, Athlon 2400, 512MB ram.

TIA

Chris

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 12, 2003
Hi, Chris.

I suspect that it may be you have "Tablet Support" enabled while using a mouse.

Set the brush as your active tool. On the Options bar, click "More Options". The Tablet Support option is at the bottom. If it is selected, clear it and try your brush again.

If that’s not the trick, then you’ll have to stand by until someone with more experience chimes in.

HTH,

Byron
CW
Chris_Whelan
Oct 12, 2003
Hi Byron

Many thanks, you got it in one!

Wish I had asked for help sooner……..

Chris

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections