Posted By
Emeril_Darose
Oct 15, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone;

I had asked people to take a look at some photos I had taken in this forum. I have set up a web gallery for people to take a look, but I feel I had gotten off topic in this forum which is for discussing problems and techniques with photo shop elements. I had a few people ask me about a forum to discuss photography in general, other then PSE.

I have set up a photography forum for general photography questions, critiques and questions at yahoo clubs. It is set up as a member only (private)club, please do not misunderstand this. I have done it this way to help eliminate spam and junk messages. All are welcome, but it will be moderated. You can link to this site thru my web page at <http://members.shaw.ca/Emeril_darose/>. There is a hyperlink on my front page frame if you do not feel like going thru my gallery or you can link on the contents page if you would like to look at the gallery.

You can block your e-mail address from other user of the forum if you would like, and I will not send you unsolicited e-mail. I will be the only one who will see your e-mail address if you choose to use this option. If you take a look at the front page of the forum you can see the intent of the forum.

I feel this would be more appropeate for comments on photos that are not specific to PSE. I can link the forum to your personal galleries if you request it, I will not link without your permission So please take a look and join if you feel like it.

I have sent an invite to some people I have met on this site and hope that they are not upset by the unsolicited invite. These were the only invites I will send (unsolicited), you can ask for an invite and I will send you one or you can just join from the link. This is at no cost and it is not for financial gain by myself or any other person/s. It is set up to enhance and educate on the art of photography.

Any question please feel free to e-mail me.

Emeril

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

G
grafical
Oct 15, 2003
Hi, Emeril:

The only problem I have w/ Yahoo is that THEY give away your e-mail (Read the disclosure statement).

As an alternative (not competition!!!) I’ve got the
http://digiart.graficalicus.com/index.php galleries set up with a few photography galleries, and the sister site
http://www.graficalicus.com/InvisionBoard/index.php forums have a photography forum. All are welcome – these are completely owned by me ("who is this schmoe?! ‘graficalicus’?! what’s that?!") so your address stays with me. I’m not a spammer (just a newbie here), and these galleries generate a lot of hits – so if you sign up, add your web links to your sig and benefit from the traffic.

Just an alternative – – –

<mike>
graficalicus web & graphics
www.graficalicus.com

I have set up a photography forum for general photography questions,
critiques and questions at yahoo clubs. It is set up as a member only (private)club, please do not misunderstand this. I have done it this way to help eliminate spam and junk messages. All are welcome, but it will be moderated. You can link to this site thru my web page at <http://members.shaw.ca/Emeril_darose/>. There is a hyperlink on my front page frame if you do not feel like going thru my gallery or you can link on the contents page if you would like to look at the gallery.
ED
Emeril_Darose
Oct 15, 2003
Mike;

I don’t think that way (the stuff in brackets), I have been to your web site, the more the merrier. So I guess you will be signing up at the forum I set up. I do want to keep the commercial stuff out of it, this doesn’t mean I won’t set up a link to commercial galleries if asked. The choice of member to go to that link is up to the individual, but I do ask that members do not advertise in the body of the messages.

The idea is to talk about photography and improve on ones abilities, of course mention of camera type, film type will be required, but out and out advertising could lead to loss of membership. Also if a member complains about another member and I keep getting complaints about said member that could lead to loss of membership also.

I am and have been a member of many yahoo clubs for years and have never received unsolicited e-mails from yahoo or someone they have given my e-mail address to. Mind you I have had a few members do that, but I have found that they don’t last in the club to long.

So I await your request to join Mike, and may your endeavors be fruitful.

Emeril
G
grafical
Oct 15, 2003
many thanks for the invite, Emeril –

BTW, my sites aren’t commercial – they’re my personal sites. I’m merely a programmer by day…. I DO, however, have a few autorun programs I sell to pay the bills & keep them self-sufficient. I’m actually more of a Photoshop junky than a photographer – although my new digicam should be delivered to my doorstep this afternoon! – so I may take you up on your offer & send a few things!

thanks again, and good luck!

<mike>
graficalicus web & graphics
www.graficalicus.com
ED
Emeril_Darose
Oct 15, 2003
Well I hope your camera does arrive this afternoon. Photography can be fun, BTW what type did you get ?

I would realy like to see some of your photos when you get started. One thing I might suggest is that you take a pile of pictures to get use to your new camera, it’s a great way to learn your settings. The fact that you went digital means you will be able to shoot just about anything, everywhere (no film costs) it can get expensive to learn a new film camera. When learning about what your film camera can and can not do takes a FEW rolls, and you don’t find out until you develope that film. Kind of nice the idea of digital for that alone, "that one didn’t work oh well" (erase) take it again "now that’s nice ! I’ll keep it"

Have fun.

Emeril

PS: Mike that wasn’t for just you, just thought I’d let you know 🙂
R
Ray
Oct 15, 2003
This sort of offer is just the reason I suggested to create a Photoshop Element lounge forum. The further we are from this board, the more the information will be scattered. I know your current intention is to maintain discussion on Photography. But, sooner or later, someone will come up with
a question regarding Photoshop Elements and those of us not signing in will not benefit from the answers posted. New users of this forum will not see them as well.

I really believe it’s time we have our own lounge area. What do you think people ?

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 15, 2003
I think exactly the same thing would happen in a lounge as what you’ve described as being the problem with a separate forum for discussing photos. Why, exactly, do we need a lounge?
ED
Emeril_Darose
Oct 16, 2003
There is a link in the club to direct people to adobe forums. There are two choices that person could be directed to the adobe forum, or I could copy and paste to the forum, as long as there is not to many of them.

The reason I set up a photo forum is to discuss the art of photography and not the art of using PSE (sorry Adobe, don’t take that statement wrong). The same reasons stands in the reverse, Adobe set this forum up to discuss PSE techniques to enhance the photos not the craft of taking good photographs.

I personally feel that the company has laid out vast amounts of money to run the server for this forum as a customer service, not to have a person like myself say "Hey here are some photos I have taken, what do you think". When I should be posting "Here’s a photo I took, I used Adobe PSE to merge 3 photos into this composite, here’s how I did it" or "How do I merge 3 photos in PSE to give me this effect" Not how do I take a better picture?

I stepped over the line when I asked how’s this basic picture look. That’s my feelings anyway, I hope I haven’t offended anyone.

Emeril
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
Not exactly because the search function will cover both forums. If they’re elsewhere (yahoo, msn, etc), the search function will not cover them.

And why do we need a lounge ? To discuss subjects that are not exactly related to Photoshop Elements, I guess. Or to chat between us, without worrying of going too much out of topic.
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
Emeril, you’ve not offended me, at least. I was merely expressing an idea. If nobody finds it good, then just forget I have expressed it! 🙂

Ray
ED
Emeril_Darose
Oct 16, 2003
Ray;

That wasn’t just for you, after all a have made a few comments in other parts of this forum that may have offended others, and maybe even adobe.

The Idea about the lounge is great, I think that is what I have invited people to, a place to sit chat and talk photogarphy in general. That way this forum (adobe) can be use to focus on PSE and the incredable things that can be done in the program (sounds like I’m sucking up, no just fact). It will be nice when I can afford photoshop, I tried the trial version of both photoshop and PSE2. The only one I could afford at this time was PSE2, so here I am.

Ray your welcome to join the photo forum/lounge, hope to see more of you there soon.

Emeril
R
Ray
Oct 16, 2003
Emeril,

I’ve applied 🙂

Ray
G
grafical
Oct 16, 2003
I got a C4000 – like it! I’ve been digital for several years – my old DC360 just got to be too outdated.

I’m opening a new thread on this forum for photography:
http://graficalicus.com/InvisionBoard/index.php?s=f9e4e7718a 72b80668aef4b43c 1da52d&c=9 to get it outta here –

thx!
<mike>
http://www.graficalicus.com
PA
Patti_Anderson
Oct 16, 2003
Mike/grafical,
There’s a yahoo group just for Olympus C-4000 users. It’s not very active, but the archives has some good stuff. It’s a spawn off of the dpreview.com general Olympus forum which is better. The recent challenges are fun to look at. The recent challenge was a "glass of water." <http://www.pbase.com/otfchallenge/challenges>

The host, Bill Huber also has instructions on the resource page for building your own lightbox (PVC and a white sheet!) for closeup shots. Cool! <http://www.pbase.com/otfchallenge/light_box>

I’ve ordered the c-4000 too, but I haven’t got it in hand yet. It’s a step up from my Oly D-460. There are some excellent camera specific tutorials (incl. getting started) on the Olympus website. You should check those out.

Patti
G
grafical
Oct 16, 2003
Thanks, Patti!

this is a (much-delayed) upgrade from my very old, very used Oly D360 – so I’m very excited about the features I had only wished about up til now –

thanks again for the links! Now that the Cubbies are out of the Series ( |^( I’ll have time at night for surfing!

<mike>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections