AC
Posted By
Allen_Canby
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently had to reformat and reinstall everything. (A Trojan Horse stampeded over me). At some point in the past I downloaded four updated files that were to replace existing files in Photoshop Elements. Two of them were LightingEffects.8bf and Shear.8bf that replaced files in the Adobe\Photoshop Elements\Plug-Ins\Filters folder. No problem there. One of the other files is MMXCore.8bx located in the \Plug-Ins\Extensions folder. No problem there, either. The fourth file, Plugin.dll was to replace the existing file in the \Plug-Ins\Libraries folder but there is no such folder in Photoshop Elements. I found the file in the Adobe\Photoshop Elements folder and that is where I put the replacement file. I did move the old files out of their folders before copying the new files in.
Now when I load PE I get the error message, "Could not open MMXCore Routines module because it does not work with this version of Photoshop."
The program seems to run OK but I haven’t utilized all the features. Anybody have any suggestions? Should I create a \Plug-Ins\Libraries folder and put Plugin.dll in there all by itself?

Thanks – Allen

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections