GS
Posted By
george_s_forman
Oct 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello everyone. I just came across this forum, and after having used PSE 2 for about a year or so now (PSE 1 before that) am thrilled to have found this forum. I am looking forward to contributing what I can to this already excellent forum. although I am no expert in digital phototography maybe my "trial & error" process for creating good pics will help someone avoid my mistakes, thus saving them time, energy & frustration. as I have said I am no expert so I will be asking for advice MUCH more then giving it. lately I have been taking part of an image (magnetic lasso tool, move tool) and putting it into a new pic with a different background. so far I am pleased with my results, but I am really not sure if there is a better or easier way to do this. that said, I am very pleased to now be a part of this forum and I look forward to hearing from everyone.

George S. Forman

Minolta S304
power Mac G4 DP866
OS X 10.2.6
Epson 890 with MIS CIS ink system

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JF
Jodi_Frye
Oct 19, 2003
welcome George ! Sounds like you are off to a mighty good start. I rarely use the magnetic lasso tool because i find it a little wacky but it works well with high contrast images. I use PE1 so my main tool of choice for doing what you are playing with now is the basic lasso tool. Sometimes I place a 1 pixel feather on it to give it a smoother edge…depending on the image…like with furry animals. Yes, do drop in more often now that you’ve found us. 😉
GD
Grant_Dixon
Oct 19, 2003
George

While I am not the official welcome committee I would love to extend my arm and welcome you to the forum. This is a great place to learn and make friends.

g.
R
Ray
Oct 19, 2003
Welcome George!

Wow.. two new members in a row.. we must be doing something right 😉

Ray
MR
Mark_Reibman
Oct 19, 2003
Hi George

Welcome to our great forum.

I also have the Epson 890 (and a Mac). What is this CIS ink system you mention?
J
jhjl1
Oct 19, 2003
Hi George and welcome from another newbie.

Have A Nice Day,
jwh 🙂
My Pictures
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview

wrote in message
hello everyone. I just came across this forum, and after having
used PSE 2 for about a year or so now (PSE 1 before that) am thrilled to have found this forum. I am looking forward to contributing what I can to this already excellent forum. although I am no expert in digital phototography maybe my "trial & error" process for creating good pics will help someone avoid my mistakes, thus saving them time, energy & frustration. as I have said I am no expert so I will be asking for advice MUCH more then giving it. lately I have been taking part of an image (magnetic lasso tool, move tool) and putting it into a new pic with a different background. so far I am pleased with my results, but I am really not sure if there is a better or easier way to do this. that said, I am very pleased to now be a part of this forum and I look forward to hearing from everyone.
George S. Forman

Minolta S304
power Mac G4 DP866
OS X 10.2.6
Epson 890 with MIS CIS ink system
N
nytrashman7618
Oct 19, 2003
Mark,
a CIS ink system is a continuous ink system. Instead of using Epson ink carts I have 6 – 4oz bottles of ink connected to my printer. The ink that is used is the equvilent of genuine Epson ink and produces excellent prints. As I am sure you know after printing several 8 x 10 pictures the ink in your Epson carts is already running low. The cost of this system (if I remember correctly) was $179.00 including the reset chip, which is needed so your ink carts always show full. The cost to replace all 6 – 4oz bottles of ink is just $48.00. Installation takes approx. 15 min. If your interested take a look at www.inksupply.com If you do alot of printing, as I do, this is the only way to go.
F
franjo
Oct 19, 2003
Hi both newcomers!

Just to let you know they’re a great bunch on here, I’ve not long joined (tend to sit on the sidelines!) and the advice/help and expertise is great. Hope you enjoy the forum as much as I am.

regards
fran
ML
Marty_Landolt
Oct 21, 2003
GEORGE, Hello and glad you found us. Have fun while you learn seems to be a motto here. Marty

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections