J
Posted By
JNW
May 19, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased a new computer. I have my Dell 2005FPW connected via DVI to an ATI 800XL (256 megs) video card.

When I first installed and opened CS2 I received an error about the Color profile being corrupt. I could go ahead and use or ignore. Either option had the same effect. It made the program have unbearable latency. I would click on any of the menu’s up top and about every 5 seconds the program would freeze for around 3-4 seconds and I wasn’t able to highlight anything.

So I ran the Adobe color management profile in the control panel. I re started CS2 and didn’t receive the message but had the same effect concerning latency. I re booted and reran the color management component several times to no avail.

Has anyone else seen a problem similar to this and maybe know a solution?

Thank you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BL
Bob Levine
May 19, 2005
Try turning hardware acceleration down and see if that corrects is. If so, you need an updated video driver.

Bob
J
JNW
May 19, 2005
I’ll try that tonight. I updated the video driver last night. Apparently some other people are having similar type issues. It seems to be something with the ATI series of cards.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections