PS CS2, Bridge, and Exposure Compensation–metadata bug?

SS
Posted By
Stan_Schwartz
May 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am looking at RAW images from a Nikon D70 in Bridge, and I have compared the this to File Browser in PS CS.

I just shot a series of images with exposure compensation from 0 to +2.5.

When I open Bridge, and look at the individual images, Bridge does not report the Exposure Bias Value correctly. Whichever image I first open after starting Bridge, the metadata window will display the proper Exposure Bias Value. But then, any other image I look at will show that very same value, even though it was shot at a different value.

In other words, if the first image I look at has a value of +1.0, that’s the value I will see for all the other images.

When I look at the metadata of the same images in PS CS File Browser, the metadata window reports the right Exposure Bias Value for each image.

Is this a bug?

Stan Schwartz

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
May 21, 2005
Stan,

there is a separate Bridge forum you can access at:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.3bba3d54
IL
Ian_Lyons
May 21, 2005
I’ve already reported the bug through other channels. The problem is more widespread and a tad more complex than that mentioned above, but seems only to effect +EV compensation. I’m seeing ALL values that should be greater than +0.33 actually reading +0.33. When I view the internal EXIF tags for the erroneous positive values via CS2 I’m seeing 1/1 rather than say 33/100, 67/100, etc that I would expect to see.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections