Y
Posted By
ytbeng
May 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello i’m a dtp operator,i use mac version photoshop 7, today i found a problem with the gradation in photoshop 7. I make a gradation the gradation is not smooth and soft, my steps make selection, feather , make layer mask, no matter how many pixel feather i gave , the result is same. i try using the soft brush to modified it but it remained that
effect. Can you guys tell me what is the problem and how to solve this ?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Y
ytbeng
May 8, 2004
Hello i’m a dtp operator,i use mac version photoshop 7, today i found a problem with the gradation in photoshop 7. I make a gradation the gradation is not smooth and soft, my steps make selection, feather , make layer mask, no matter how many pixel feather i gave , the result is same. i try using the soft brush to modified it but it remained that
effect. Can you guys tell me what is the problem and how to solve this ?

Sorry about that this is the first time i came here .
T
Todie
May 8, 2004
Add a little noise to your mask. It should help.
Y
ytbeng
May 10, 2004
I’ve tried applied gaussion blur in the mask mode but it didn’t help. i’ve captured the picture but can i upload to this forum?
T
Todie
May 10, 2004
noise, not blur
Y
ytbeng
May 10, 2004
I’ll try this afternoon when i work, thanks a lot.
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 10, 2004
make your blends in 16 bit mode.

Make sure your monitor is calibrated and is at least of good quality.

If you are using an LCD, you may want to change to a CRT.

Make sure you are using a good color space to work in. (profile or color table that describes the documents separation parameters.)

make sure you are not working in 1.0 gamma.

than,

add noise if needed.

sometimes very small amounts of blur will reduce "stepping" in images, but noise would be the first choice.
Y
ytbeng
May 12, 2004
how to make blends in 16 bit mode?
do you think that’s the picture’s problem?
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 12, 2004
It depends.

banding on screen and banding on the proof could and could not be one in the same.

convert from 8 to 16 bit.

note: a majority of filters are not supported as of yet in 16 bit, so preplan your quest.
Y
ytbeng
May 14, 2004
you mean convert the picture to 16bit per channel?
I’ve tried that and it doesn’t allowed me to do anything with the picture.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections