Doubleclick doesn’t open file in Photoshop CS…

PZ
Posted By
Piotr_Zareba
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
….if the user is not Admin. OS-X 10.2.8
Worse – if I give him admin rights nothing change. New user with admin rights have the same problem.
If I log as admin or root – everything works OK.
Reinstaling Photoshop don’t help.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks,
Pitz

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

AR
Andrew_Rodney
May 15, 2004
Reinstall Photoshop, there are system resources you’re missing. You can do a clean install of PS to the desktop and then trash the entire folder since the install will place the files you need in the system. Then you’ll be able to double click or drag and drop. You probably did some install of the OS after the initial install of PS.
FM
FRED_MANETTI
May 15, 2004
I am having a problem opening up files by clicking on them. PSCS opens fine, but it stops there. Are there any fixes for this?
GB
g_ballard
May 15, 2004
I would start with the normal disk "routine maintenance," including "Cocktail" outlined:
<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
GB
g_ballard
May 15, 2004
If those aren’t it, please provide information about exactly what files won’t open…
R
Ram
May 15, 2004
Fred,

If you look in the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) this is item 3 2 on the list:

Scott Weichert "Double clicking/drag and drop Photoshop files opens application but not file." 2/10/04 10:05am </cgi-bin/webx?50>

You need to re-install Photoshop.
GB
g_ballard
May 15, 2004
hmm…I thought he already tried reinstalling by Andrew…
R
Ram
May 15, 2004
G,

I think Fred is a new poster not the originator of the thread, and he gives no indication as to what he has tried already.
PB
Pam_Bishop
May 19, 2004
I’m going to follow Andrew Rodney’s advice and reinstall Photoshop CS. I recently did an archive and (re)install of Mac OS 10.3 (problems after the most recent security update), with the result that double-clicking a Photoshop file opens the program and the file Browser, but not the specific file directly. Funny thing is, Illustrator files still open fine when double-clicked.
SW
Scott_Weichert
May 20, 2004
Illustrator is not Photoshop. I don’t understand why people make comparisons. It’s like saying My Chevy Malibu isn’t running, but the funny thing is my Chevy BelAir is.
JT
Jessica_Tucker
May 25, 2004
We have 2 (new) G5’s that we installed FIRST with Panther, then CS. They have never seen the "adobe unit types" file nor "previous system". Can someone share the "adobe unit types" file w/us?

Jess

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections