RR
Posted By
Rebecca_Renner
May 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I downloaded the trial version of CS and used it for almost a month before purchasing and installing it last week. I noticed when I tried to run it after the install that it would bring up the trial window each time I opened it, but figured that would go away when the trial ended. Well, the trial period is over, but when I try to open CS it brings up a window saysing the trial is over and will not allow me to open it. How can I get my purchased version to run? Do I need to download it again?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Buko
May 17, 2004
Did you trash the trial version and everything associated with it??
RR
Rebecca_Renner
May 17, 2004
No, I thought the purchased version would overwrite the trial version. Do I need to trash it all, download the purchased version again (I assume I can do that) and start over?
B
Buko
May 17, 2004
Not having delt with a downloaded purchased version or the trial version I can’t say exactly what to trash that is causing the computer to think the trial version is still active. Calling customer service to help you would be the best solution. Unless somebody with trial version experience comes along.
NK
Neil_Keller
May 17, 2004
My thought would be, at the very least, to trash the folder with its contents for Photoshop trial version, plus all Photoshop preferences.

If that doesn’t work, then trash the entire Photoshop CS and any preferences it created.

Make sure you have no drive corruption (use Disk Warrior), then reinstall CS, exactly per Adobe’s instructions.

Neil
RR
Rebecca_Renner
May 17, 2004
Spoke to Adobe and ended up trashing the entire CS file and downloading and installing CS again. Seems fine now. I don’t recall seeing any kind of message that mentioned deleting the trial file prior to installing the purchased file, but I may well have just missed it. Thanks for the advice!
MO
Mike_Ornellas
May 17, 2004
That’s nice.

With the new and improved OS, you just throw everything out and start over.

total disposalable software.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections