DM
Posted By
Deborah_Maciel
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did an un-install complear recovery of my computer and now when I insert a photo CD I can not ‘click to open’ the photos.I get an "this is not a Win32 application" error.
Please help-My photos are archived on these CDs!
Thank you.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
Deborah_Maciel
Nov 13, 2003
Did I post this in the wrong section or is this rare?
I talked to some friends and they suggested that I rename my files and do a clean re-install… I feel like an idiot.
I have another version of Photoshop on my comuter-would that effect Ellements 2.0 at all?
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 13, 2003
I only do Windows when it’s behaving, but I can say that having another version of Photoshop or Elements installed shouldn’t matter. What happens when you insert the CD and then try to open the images on the CD through the File>Open command? From your post, it sounds like you’re inserting the CD, clicking on the image, and then expecting it to open. Is that correct?

Or, can you simply copy the image files from the CD to your hard drive and get them to open from there?

Let’s see what it can do, and maybe we’ll accidentally come up with something helpful. 🙂
DM
Deborah_Maciel
Nov 14, 2003
I used to be able to load the pictures into the computer from CD or the cameras’ memory card and then click a picture and it would open,then if I wanted Photoshop Ellements 2.0 I could just left click ‘open with’ and the program would launch with that picture.
Looks like the way opening it with File Open dosn’t work either. Thanks for trying!
B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
Deborah,

Also remember that ALL images you copy/paste from your CD to your hard drive (best way to work) will have a READ ONLY attribute, so you can copy/paste them, but unless you change the filename and do a Save to that new name, the original file can’t be modified and saved or Saved As, nor can you move or Delete it until or unless you change it’s Read Only attribute. Multi-select or individually select these files and then RIGHT click them, click Properties (PC) and you’ll see the check mark on Read Only. Click Read Only to turn that off and now you can do whatever to the original file (not on the CD, of course).

Bob
DM
Deborah_Maciel
Nov 17, 2003
Thank you!I very much appricate that,and now have my pictures working!
B
BobHill
Nov 17, 2003
Glad you’ve got things working for you, Deborah.

Bob

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections