GE
Posted By
George_Emslie
Nov 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I bought a scanner for my wife and it came with PS Elements. We can’t find the disk but have the cover with s.n. Can I download the PS Elements demo and use my s/n to make the demo fully functional?

Thanks,
George

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BobHill
Nov 13, 2003
George,

I would doubt that very much. Bundled versions of Elements get their serial numbers assigned by the scanner maker (under license) and I doubt that would work with the demo. I suppose you could always try it, however.

Bob
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 13, 2003
The other thing, George, is that the demo automatically locks up when its time has expired.

Adobe says that installing the real version over the demo can cause trouble, and we’ve had several posts here from people who were unable to access their actual version because they forgot to remove the demo and the program thinks its past the end of the trial period.
GE
George_Emslie
Nov 13, 2003
Thanks,
I’ll have to see which is cheaper a new scanner or a new copy of PSE.

Thanks,
George
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 13, 2003
I noticed this morning that Amazon has PSE 2 for about $50 after rebates. I guess it depends on how much you paid for the scanner. I’d just buy the Elements! 🙂
JF
Jodi_Frye
Nov 13, 2003
or tear the house apart and find the disk …got to be there somewhere 😉 Then again, if you have monkeys then perhaps a new purchase is in order. My monkeys are great at hiding things.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Nov 13, 2003
George,

Why don’t you communicate with the manufacturer first? They might be able to supply you with a replacement disk, and you’d save 50$

Ray

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections