C
Posted By
csonni
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use a Canon G1 digital camera, and the latest digicam plugin module from Adobe for Photoshop that I can find is ver. 4.5.1- a classic plugin (installer) By the way- the installer is a Classic app., but I found a Japanese site that had the plug-in in the installer folder. Could I drag the plug-in into my plug-in folder in PS 7,even though it is a OS9 plug-in? If not, does anyone know of a plugin module for OSX? I’d like to be able to import my images right into Photoshop (7.01).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
May 24, 2004
The Powershot G1 is supported by Camera RAW 2.2 in Photoshop 8 (CS). If you are not recording your images in the camera as RAW files, you won’t need a plugin.

I have no clue as to the plugin you mention. Sorry.
C
csonni
May 25, 2004
It is the plug-in that Adobe provides (for OS9) which installs in the plug-in/import-export folder. When running PS, you go to file and choose the Canon plug-in for importing images from either the camera or a card. The plug-in I am looking for to use in OSX. I can use the 4.5.1 for OS9 but not for OSX.
P
povimage
May 25, 2004
"What is BUY Photoshop CS?"

That’s the solution.

Adobe no longer supports earlier versions of the RAW plug-ins. (and "NO, the new plugins will NOT work in earlier versions of PS")

Thank you for playing Jeopardy.

Keith
C
csonni
May 25, 2004
Povimage, your reply seems rather distasteful and meaningless. For one, I’m not talking at all about the Raw plug-in. Second, not everone has the bucks that you have to go our and purchase Photoshop CS. Nevertheless, thanks for the reply.
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
csonni,

I have no knowledge of Adobe supplying any "plug-ins for any Canon Camera (other than ACR, the Adobe Camera RAW plugin, which is only up to version 2.2) and can’t place a version 4.5.1 of Adobe anything.

Are you sure it wasn’t a Canon-provided plug-in? Have you checked to see whether Canon has an updated plugin that will work on OS X?
R
Ram
May 25, 2004
Just checked the Canon site, and the Canon plug-in for the G1 is indeed at version 4.5.1.

So it looks like you’re just looking in the wrong place, Csonni.

See if the other OS X software they provide for your camera will do what the plugin does for you:

< http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/customer/driverdown.html>
P
povimage
May 25, 2004
Csonni,

You said:

For one, I’m not talking at all about the Raw plug-in.

If you read Ramon’s comments, that’s the only plugin from Adobe that supports the G1.

then you said:

Second, not everone has the bucks that you have to go our and purchase Photoshop CS.

If you have a LEGAL version of PS 7 it’s only about $150 to upgrade.

If you aren’t using a legal version you shouldn’t expect help, that is basically intended to help you get support for RAW to work in your illegal version, on these fora.

That said, I have a copy of the older Camera RAW and JPEG 2000 plugin installer.. But it ain’t going nowhere..

Besides, I only have a Windows version Installer anyway.

Keith

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections