PA
Posted By
Patti_Anderson
Nov 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can we create Layer Sets in Elements 2? According to the Help files, we can open Photoshop 6/7 files that contain them, but can we make them in Elements (or use *hidden elements*)?

Patti

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobHill
Nov 21, 2003
Patti,

No, Elements won’t show Layer Sets. " If you open a file that was created in Photoshop CS, 7.0 or 6.0, the image may contain layer sets. Layer sets are indicated by a folder icon in the Layers palette and can contain multiple layers. Although Photoshop Elements doesn’t support layer sets, it displays preexisting layer sets in their collapsed state. You can simplify a layer set to convert it to a single, editable raster layer"

Bob
PA
Patti_Anderson
Nov 21, 2003
I was afraid of that. I guess I’ll have to think of a workaround. The file I’m working on has beaucoup (lots) of layers and if I start the next stage of the drawing, then I’ll have to turn off visibility on all lower layers. I need some sort of visual separator just to keep me organized.

I am thinking that the easiest route would be to duplicate the image and delete the layers I don’t need for the subsequent sets. Then when I’m done, I can put it all back together.

Any other ideas are welcome!

Patti

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections