Posted By
Dana_Margossian
May 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone!
We frequently have to open PDf’s (written outside our offices) in Photoshop. All is great with the exception of the blk type. It comes in as 4-color blk. Does anyone have this same problem and if so is there an easy work around??

Thanks in advance,
mayellen

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
May 28, 2004
why don’t you use Acrobat??
JS
John_Slate
May 29, 2004
Acrobat to do what?

It sounds like she need to open the PDFs to make edits.

Beside minor touchups, what can Acrobat do?

I would suggest Illustrator, provided you have the embedded fonts installed.

Other than that, the text to 4 color issue can’t be helped. That’s what happens when you remap a neutral from one color space to another.

Edit: Let me put this another way… A PDF such as you describe is basically a CMYK file with the type on the black channel only. Opening such a file in Photoshop is a form of conversion really, and is similar to taking a CMYK file in Photoshop that has black info just on the black channel, and converting to RGB or Lab and back to CMYK. Single color black becomes 3 color black, and then 4 color black.
DM
Dana_Margossian
May 29, 2004
Thanks for your help with this question. I’ll explain a little more. We run a Xeikon press and while we do use PDF’s directly to the press. We on occasion find it nessasary to take them out of pdf and make them eps’s. and format them in quark.

The type in PDF in Blk in the file the conversion make it 4 color. the trick is that not all the blk type is on white so messing with the blk channel could affect other areas.

Thanks again,
Maryellen
B
Buko
May 29, 2004
How else would you make type edits except with Acrobat or the new Acrobat 6 Pro.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections