MS
Posted By
Mascha_Salomonson
Jun 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
maybe is there a suggestion i have a problem cant type text in Photoshop 7 (maybe its not a photoshop problem but my system still i hope someone have a suggestion for me) work between system Mac OS X versie 10.3.4. and 9.2.1 the message is
”your request does not export because
standard system lettertype could not get it.”
greetings Mascha.nl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 4, 2004
Not sure what you’re asking. Arfe you copying text form Classicx into OS X? Do you have the font you need loaded?
B
Buko
Jun 4, 2004
You should be 9.2.2 for using Classic.

I’m not sure I understad you problem either.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 4, 2004
I don’t understand either but could it be that you have are missing the fonts that you need from either OSX or Classic?
They have to be present in each System, or be managed by a Font Management program (such as FontAgent Pro 2.1) that will work in both.
R
Ram
Jun 4, 2004
And your Photoshop should be 7.0.1, not 7.

Are you maybe using a Dutch operating system and an English version of Photoshop?

(Mascha, U kunt ook in het Nederlands schrijven, als dat scheelt.)
MS
Mascha_Salomonson
Jun 7, 2004
thanks for your reactions.

I use Photoshop 7 in dutch photoshop and dutch operating system. and i load fonts in suitcase x1 or suitcase 9. I loaded fonts in suitcase x1.

so wen i choose the text tool to put text in my photoshop doc he dont want to do it.

Ramon.nl,
hij geeft als melding als ik zeg maar van de toolbar het tekst T aanklik om tekst toe te voegen: "Kon uw verzoek niet uitvoeren omdat een standaard systeemlettertype niet verkregen kon worden."
Ik heb dit systeem net een paar dagen op deze manier alleen met Classic werken (het werkte)maakte mij toch een stuk gelukkiger tot nu toe.

greetings, Mascha.nl
R
Ram
Jun 7, 2004
Mascha,

It looks like you’re missing a font or more than one font.

I’ll describe what I understand your post to say, so Ann or someone else can once again list the required fonts. You can then check your system.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Ramón.

========

Mascha’s problem is not quite clear to me yet, even after reading her post in Dutch, but I have a strong suspicion her problem is related to font management issues, particularly missing required system fonts.

In essence, she says

The error message is as I said, but when I click on the T icon for text in the toolbar in order to add text:

"Could not perform your request because a standard system font could not be retrieved."

I have been working with this system in Classic (it worked) for a couple of days, but I was happier with it until now. [End of quote.]
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 7, 2004
Mascha:

These are the fonts which I keep in my System/Library/Fonts folder: Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont
AppleGothic.dfont
AquaKanaBold.otf
AquaKanaRegular.otf
Courier.dfont
Geneva.dfont
HelveticaLTStd Roman.otf
Keyboard.dfont
LastResort.dfont
LucidaGrande.dfont
Monaco.dfont
Symbo
Symbol
TimesLTStd Roman.otf
Zapf Dingbats
ZapfDin

Some of these are either Type 1 Postscript or OTFs which I substituted for Apple .dfont versions of that typeface.

I wonder if Suitcase is part of your problem?
I use FontAgent Pro 2.1 and it has proved to be trouble-free.
MS
Mascha_Salomonson
Jun 9, 2004
hello Ann and Ramón,
sorry for my late reactions, i was a few days off from the studio. Id like to thank you verry much for your help and support its working!!!!

We checked the system fonts and there were fonts so it looked oke. So after checking some other things in the system what seems to be ok.

The problem was that my photoshop 7 in my classic map was, so we deleted photoshop in the classic map and installed it again but then in the OSX map. So now its working and i am a happy PS-Mascha.

thanks and greetings, Mascha :>)
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Mascha: map in het Engels bedoelt landkaart. 🙂

For non Dutch speakers an explanation is in order. "Map" in Dutch is ‘folder’ in English. Mascha means her Classic folder. 🙂
MS
Mascha_Salomonson
Jun 10, 2004
Ramón thanks voor your explanations/translation
FOLDER! :>)
Mascha genius (not), but happy (yes)
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jun 11, 2004
Fun, too.
R
Ram
Jun 11, 2004
Alsjeblieft, Mascha. Ik hou erg van Nederland, van de Nederlanders en van de mooie nederlandse Taal.

Met vriendelijke groeten en besten wensen,

Ramón

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections