Callum_Ferguson
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
———————————————————— ——————–

Greetings all.

Iv’e convinced myself that i should have a tablet, i find from trawling about that there is Wacom and quite a few others but with similar specs the Wacom is about twice the price of the others ….. Does any one know what one gets for double the dollars, in fact is there any advantage in choosing the Wacom. The one which appeals at this stage is the Wacom Intuos 2 6×8.
i"d be gratefull for any advice.
Regards
Malcolm

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 1, 2003
Callum,

I can’t speak for others, but based on recommendations in this and other forums I settled on the Wacom Graphire 2 tablet. It has since been replaced, I believe, by the Graphire 3.

Mine is 4×5 in size and seems to be all I need for using Elements and all other programs that I frequently use.

There was an indication on this forum several days ago that Graphire 2’s are available at a discounted price now that the Graphire 3 is on the market.

Cheers,
Dick
RR
Raymond Robillard
Dec 1, 2003
Intuos has more pressure level (1024) over the Graphire (512), and it has customizable buttons on the top.

But, like for Dick, I have a Graphire 2 and it’s really fantastic. You might find a discounted Graphire 2 (like Dick said) which would be a very good value for the money spent.

Ray
LM
Lou_M
Dec 1, 2003
Does anyone know what changed between the Graphire2 and the Graphire3? I can’t seem to find what’s new on Wacom’s site.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Dec 1, 2003
The pen is now located inside the tablet (top) when resting. And the driver has changed (I think it does some things that the Graphire 2’s could not).

However, technically, from what I’ve read so far, they are identical (pressure level, resolution, etc.)

Ray
LM
Lou_M
Dec 1, 2003
Thanks, Ray. Now I’ll have to avoid the temptation to look into a Sam’s Club membership. 🙂
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 1, 2003
wrote …
Thanks, Ray. Now I’ll have to avoid the temptation to look into a Sam’s
Club membership. 🙂

I held out til about 3PM today. I bought the membership, and the tablet.

I tried at least a dozen relatives and friends to find a sam’s card over this holiday weekend.

Since I have an Intuous on my Mac, and have used it for at least five years), I had no reservations about buying the Graphire2.

There’s a newer driver on the web. The new tablet has different drivers, so I’m sure it is worth the price you’ll pay for a Graphire3.

However, $50 is just fine for my needs. With a cordless mouse, it is a great deal.

I haven’t seen anybody mention this, but you can develop some serious problems when you use a mouse for long periods. That happened to me, and I had to purchase and use the pen and tablet with a Mac system.

Ed
ML
Marty_Landolt
Dec 2, 2003
CALLUM,
I have one to ease the strain on my wrist but after hours on it I still get some discomfort in my hand.
I first bought the cheaper tablet (CompUSA) and very quickly found it to be extremely unsatisfactory so exchanged it (added the extra $$$) for the Wacom.
Marty
RR
Richard_Radke
Dec 3, 2003
I just purchased the Wacom Graphire 2 Tablet at Sam’s Club in store for $49.95.

I just checked <http://www.samsclub.com/> and could not find any, same as before.
EW
Ed_Wurster
Dec 3, 2003
wrote …
I just purchased the Wacom Graphire 2 Tablet at Sam’s Club in store for
$49.95.
I just checked <http://www.samsclub.com/> and could not find any, same as
before.

If you use the item locator, you’ll find a store which has the item. But the web site does not have the item for sale.

Ed

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections