how do I crop a set number of pixels from a batch of images?

AB
Posted By
adam_b._tracksler
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a series of images, some portrait, some landscape…I want to crop 80 pixels from the bottom of all of them. How should I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 9, 2004
I’m sure there’s a better, more elegant way but I can’t think of one right now, so try this:

Option-double click on Background to make it a layer. Duplicate the layer. Transform (Command-T) and in the Y field at the left of the Options Bar enter 80 px. Select All/ Layer>Align to Selection> Bottom.Deselect. Command-click on the transformed Layer to make selection. On original layer, Delete. Trash transformed layer. Command-click on original layer, Image>Crop. Done. Flatten if necessary, save, etc.
CS
Carl_Stawicki
Jun 9, 2004
Canvas Size…

Be sure Relative is checked, and input -80 pixels for the height. Anchor the canvas in the upper-middle position. Hit Proceed to the message that comes up. Of course, make an Action if you have a lot of images.

Carl.
AB
adam_b._tracksler
Jun 10, 2004
awesome Thanks a million Carl!!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections