AS
Posted By
Aad_Schram
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open say 20-30 images from a digital camera into photoshop and want to save them to a folder on my harddisk after processing, then it wants to save each picture in it’s original folder.
So I have to direct photoshop to the other folder for each picture…

There has to be another way… but I can’t find it

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jonf
Jun 15, 2004
You can create an Action to save to a specific target folder. It’s a tad cumbersome but tons better than re-choosing the folder 20-30 times.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jun 15, 2004
That’s just one of the reasons Default Folder X is worth the cost, although it seems expensive at first.

<http://www.stclairsw.com/DefaultFolderX/index.html>
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Jun 16, 2004
What Welles said.
AS
Aad_Schram
Jun 16, 2004
Jon,

I tried an action but couldn’t find a way to make the action stop during the ‘save as’ screen so that we can give each file a name.

Welles and Ronald

I’ll check out stclair, thanks for the tip

Aad
AR
Andrew Rodney
Jun 17, 2004
Default Folder X is worth every penny, Maybe Apple will implement some of this common sense in the next version of OSX.
AS
Aad_Schram
Jun 17, 2004
I’ve looked at Default Folder X, although it seems to do exactly what I want I’m a bit weary about ‘add-ons’ like this, will they still work with the next system upgrade? probably not.
However it put me to an alternative, I made an alias of the folder in question and put that in the sidebar. The sidebar is visible in the save-as frame, so it’s a matter of click and save now.

Thanks for your help guys

Aad
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jun 17, 2004
Glad you figured out a good solution, Aad. Default Folder has been around for a long time, was rewritten for OS X by version 10.1, and has been upgraded on the day of new System updates or, generally, shortly before they have been released. St.Clair software is a very solid developer.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections