AV
Posted By
Ari_Valen_Levinson
Jun 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I often find that I would like to drastically simplify the color pallet of a given image. One extremely helpful way that I have found to do this is to use a gradient map adjustment layer set to color. This is very often exactly what I am looking for.

However, in some images, the greyscale values are not good indicators of what color the pixel should be. So does anyone know if there is a way of mapping the color of a pixel to a gradient based on, instead of the greyscale values, the closest color in the gradient to the rgb values of the pixel? If not, is there a technique which can arive at approximately the same effect without too much more dificulty?

Best,
Ari

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AV
Ari_Valen_Levinson
Jun 28, 2004
anyone?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections