GK
Posted By
George_Kirby
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am unable to delete previously entered & saved type into any format of image. Sometimes a reddish layer appears over the image when I try to work with text. Please give me some steps to follow. The info in manuals or the "help" pulldown menu doesn’t seem to offer any usable information.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PL
Paul_L_UK
Dec 10, 2003
George

If the image is flattened, i.e. one layer, then the image and text cannot be separated. Only course of action for you is to clone or replace the image over the text.

If the image has a text layer, then deleting that layer will do the trick. To edit, select the text tool and try to click in between letters; you can tel if you have as ‘another’ text layer doesn’t appear. You can then edit.

Paul
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 10, 2003
Also; the reddish layer when trying to work with text usually means one of two things; your image is in ‘index’ mode and not ‘RGB’ ( go to toolbar>image>mode and check RGB) or you need to delete your preferences…I had to do this yesterday for the very same reason.

hold down alt+ctrl+shift immediately after lauching the app. A message will appear asking if you want to delete prefs…click ‘yes’.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Dec 10, 2003
Hi, Jodi, Don’t forget the obvious–the red is most likely to mean you’ve selected one of the type mask tools instead a regular text tool. George–click the tiny black arrow on the tool to check that in the flyout menu.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 10, 2003
Barb, yup, I always forget that option…probably because i never use it 😉
GK
George_Kirby
Dec 11, 2003
Thank you for your prompt & concise help. Problem has been resolved.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections