MD
Posted By
miles_danek
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can i burn/dodge as well as add color to a B/W print using Elements or must I get a full verdsion photoshop. TIA

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MD
miles_danek
Dec 10, 2003
Thanks for the info, Jodi.
Someone also told me tha PS Elements won’t do 48 bit color. Being new to all this, I don’t know what it means and if it is that important.
I’m just a pure neophyte in digital and originally wondered if I shouldn’t get PS Cs instead of Elements. Don’t have a digital camera or film scanner yet..just a flatbed now for some practice. Any more tips will be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Miles
JF
Jodi_Frye
Dec 10, 2003
miles, there really is alot of info out there on 48 bit color…here are some older thoughts;

<http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=000qRp>

I haven’t missed it.
I can assure you at this moment that you are far better off starting with a much lower priced version of Photoshop which happens to be Elements. Sure, full photoshop has some extra tools and settings but get your feet wet in Elements first. That’s my opinion and stands good for anyone else who may be interested in digital imaging.
SR
Schraven_Robert
Dec 10, 2003
Miles,

I agree with Jodi on this one.
I decided to buy Elements just to see if I like it. If then still the need is there to get a full Photoshop 7.0, I would.
So far I do not see the need, as Elements seems to cater for all basic needs on digital imaging.

Robert
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 10, 2003
Do some checking, because I don’t believe full Photoshop will do 48 bit color, either.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Dec 11, 2003
Beth, the new version of Photoshop (CS) has expanded capabilities to do 48-bit color editing – one of its most sought-after features among some professionals.
RP
Rich Powell
Dec 12, 2003
I can assure you at this moment that you are far better off starting with
a much lower priced version of Photoshop which happens to be Elements. Sure, full photoshop has some extra tools and settings but get your feet wet in Elements first. That’s my opinion and stands good for anyone else who may be interested in digital imaging.

You can also upgrade to Photoshop after purchasing Elements for much cheaper ($299) than you could purchase Photoshop stand alone for if you decide you do need to upgrade.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections