JM
Posted By
Jean_M_H
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I cannot seem to get my printer to print 8 x 10 photos. I have tried resizing the image, scaling to fit, setting a smaller resolution, etc., etc.

All I get is half the photo viertically. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Jean

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 10, 2003
I don’t quite understand "all I get is half the photo vertically." Do you mean only half the photo is printing on just half the paper or only half the photo is printing on a full sheet of paper? There are a number of reasons this could be happening, so if you could give a little bit more information – including the platform and operating system you’re running – answers might come more quickly.
R
Redmonite
Dec 10, 2003
I’ll echo Beth’s request.

ASSUMING you’re on a PC running some sort of Windows – I’ve had problems with only getting partial prints when I’m low on disk space. If possible you should have several GIGAbytes of free disk space on the system drive (C:\ on a PC) and on any other drives that PE might use or you’ve stored images.

Finally raise your virtual memory limits – how to do this depends on which version of Windows you’re running.

wrote in message
I cannot seem to get my printer to print 8 x 10 photos. I have tried
resizing the image, scaling to fit, setting a smaller resolution, etc., etc.
All I get is half the photo viertically. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Jean
DS
Dick_Smith
Dec 10, 2003
Just out of curiosity, you have changed the orientation in print preview to the correct one, like portrait or landscape, haven’t you.

Dick
JM
Jean_M_H
Dec 11, 2003
I fixed the problem, and I feel so silly. But I want to post the correction so if anyone else runs into this they will know how to fix it. I tried printing 8×10 after I had successfully printed several 4×6 photos. I left the special 4×6 tray "button" pushed in and the printer was expecting that size paper. Once I pulled the little tray back out everything printed fine. It was a silly user error but aren’t most of them ;~).

Thanks for your help.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 11, 2003
Thanks for posting that Jean. We could have kept guessing for months without ever figuring that one out! 🙂

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections