MN
Posted By
Mark_Nadell
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After years of using the function, all of a sudden my "SaveForWeb" command gives me the error message: "Could not complete this operation. The file was not found." This occurs after I click SAVE and choose a location for the new optimized file.

I have tried trashing the com.adobe.ImageReady.plist and com.adobe.Photoshop.plist files, and have also done a re-install of Photoshop, but the same problem occurs. Is this a problem with Panther, because I never had this problem with Jaguar?

I am using Photoshop CS (8.0) and am running Mac OS X 10.3.4 on a G4 Dual.

I use this function constantly, so really need to figure this out.

Thanks VERY much,

Mark

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GB
g_ballard
Jul 1, 2004
Mark Hiers "Save for Web Greyed Out or Unavailable" 11/8/01 5:46pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

<http://www.gballard.net/psd/troubleshootpurgepsd.html>
MN
Mark_Nadell
Jul 1, 2004
Thanks for the help. I went and did a complete hodgepodge of fixes, from Repairing Permissions (booting from Install disk), running fsck -y (although I never got a "volume OK" message, but didn’t get any error messages either), trashing all the preferences, trashing the application, doing a re-install of Photoshop, and more. SOMETHING must have worked, because I can now Save for Web.

Mark

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections