Can clicking in a dialog be written into an action?

JG
Posted By
Jeff_Gabbard
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a printer (Mitsubishi 9500DW) that will only print through Photoshop by using the export command. This is fine, but I am trying to write an action to automate the printing of a few thousand photos. The problem is this, when the action goes to EXPORT, a dialog box pops up that requires me to hit PRINT before the action will continue. Obviously, I can’t do that for a few thousand photos. So, I am stuck with finding a way to have Photoshop do this automatically. Any ideas? Suggestions? I would appreciate any ideas about working around this problem. I really don’t want to have to pay someone to sit and hit the "enter" key all night while the images print….. Thanks in advance for the help and ideas.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SJ
Stevie_J_V
Jul 2, 2004
So you’ve recorded the action which included clicking Print and continuing, and now it won’t work past this point when you run it. Is that what’s happening?

I haven’t come across this in any of my actions (and I have quite a few) There’s a setting when you program actions into a plugin that’s mentioned in the Software Developers Kit where you can click OK or Print or whatever, maybe an apple script could do it?
JG
Jeff_Gabbard
Jul 2, 2004
Stevie,

The print dialog comes up as part of the export (using the plug-in). I don’t know anything about scripts, but if it will make it work, I can be a VERY quick learner. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections