Posted By
Keaton_Newman
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

Please help im having trouble with the gradient tool in Photoshop CS (installed from Adobe Crerative Suite Standard) running on MaS OS 10.3.4.

Whenever i try to use the gradient tool on a new document no matter what colour or type i use, it displays nothing even though it records the action on the history toolbar.

Even more bizarre when i open up a pre-saved file that has a gradient already in place i can then add any gradient to it, however it will still not allow me to use a gradient on a layer mask to create a fade in either a new or pre-saved document.

The only conclusion i can come to is that there is an anomaly with the actual software.

Many Thanks in advance,

Keaton

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 7, 2004
Did you try resetting/trashing preferences?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 7, 2004
Did you remember to Repair Permissions both before AND after you installed Photoshop CS?
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 8, 2004
Or just check the blend mode and opacity settings for the gradient tool…
KN
Keaton_Newman
Jul 8, 2004
Many thanks for your help, have reset all tools and preferences and it seems to be ok now.

Still dont know if i had the tool setup a strange way or if it was an eror with the software

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections