Posted By
Laser_Breath
Jul 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop 7.1

Does anyone know why the clipboard selection in the pop-up menu in New preset dialoug box would always be always dimmed out? even when there is an object in the clipboard?

If I need to copy and paste into photoshop it should automatically format for the clipboard?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 7, 2004
Maybe I’m thicker than usual today, but I can’t figure out what you’re saying. Where do you see the "clipboard selection in the pop-up menu in New preset dialog box"?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 8, 2004
I think I see what LB is getting at:

It will work if you open a file of a certain size; Cmd A; Cmd C; and then Cmd N.

You will now have the chance to choose "Clipboard" from the Size pop-up menu (or any other size that you like).

"Clipboard" will open a file of the exact size of your previously-copied image.

You have to actually have something copied into the clipboard for this to work.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jul 8, 2004
I see that in CS but I didn’t think it was in 7. He does claim that there is something copied to the clipboard.

I have had difficulties copy/pasting in CS that I never had with previous versions. Sometimes the copy doesn’t seem to "take". This hapopens enought hat I never close the source documehnt until I get a successful psate. I just assumed it was my machine but maybe it is something more widespread or another bug in the OS.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections