PI
Posted By
Patricia_Isaac
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Power PC G4 running system 10.3 with 466 MHz and 768 MB SDRAM. I was given a Photoshop CS upgrade to my Photoshop7. When I try to install it the installer unexpectedly quits. Does anybody know what the problem is. Do I have a bad CD?

Pat

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jul 8, 2004
I was given a Photoshop CS upgrade to my Photoshop7 … Do I have a bad CD?

Would you kindly elaborate on that?

Also have you upgraded to OS 10.3.4?
B
Buko
Jul 8, 2004
Who gave you the upgrade disk?

is it an Adobe disk?
NK
Neil_Keller
Jul 9, 2004
Buko beat me to the question. Can you please elaborate on this CS CD-ROM?

And how you tried to install? And whether you’ve upgraded to 10.3.4? And if you’ve repaired permissions and run Disk Warrior before installing? Thanks.

Neil
PI
Patricia_Isaac
Jul 9, 2004
Hi to all who answered.
The CD was purchased new from MacWharehouse. I have not upgraded to 10.3.4, but am in the process of doing that. I have a dial-up connection so it takes awhile. I am also running Macaroni which fixes permissions. Is upgrading to 10.3.4 the problem?

Pat
B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
Photoshop CS should install just fine in Panther with no problems. I installed it with the first version of Panther 10.3 but I have also installed it on 10.3.3 boxes I have not had the opportunity to install in 10.3.4 yet.

Repairing permissions before and after the install is recommended I would also install the 10.3.4 update. I would also recommend Cocktail for doing maintenance routines.
R
Ram
Jul 9, 2004
Try temporarily disabling all fonts except the System ones. Disabling Norton Anti Virus is also a good idea.
PI
Patricia_Isaac
Jul 9, 2004
I’m not sure how to disable all fonts except the system ones. How do I do that? I don’t have Norton anti virus. I did try repairing the permissions just before I installed, but that didn’t work either.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections