JO
Posted By
Johanna_O.
Jul 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using OS10.2.8 and photoshop 7 on a silver G4. I scanned a line drawing in as a "tiff" then imported it into photoshop 7. I want to color the drawing in but it is presently a bitmap and the cmyk is grayed out so i cannot convert the drawing. If anyone can tell me what i did wrong that i cannot conver the bitmap to a cmyk or if i should scan in the drawing as something other than a tiff, I would appreciate it.
thanks in advance

johanna

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

G
graffiti
Jul 8, 2004
I could be wrong but I don’t think you can convert a bitmap directly to CMYK without going to grayscale first. At least not in PS.

Can you re-scan as CMYK or RGB?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 8, 2004
You could have scanned in RGB if you wanted an easy route to CMYK.

Try changing your Bitmap to Grayscale and from that to CMYK; or stay in Bitmap and assign color to it in your page layout application
JO
Johanna_O.
Jul 8, 2004
Graffiti and Ann,
you were both right. thanks. I converted to grayscale and then to cmyk. Thanks so very much.

Johanna

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections