K
Posted By
kevinswan
Jul 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
‘m shooting with both Canon 10D and Canon 1D MkII.

I’m on a Mac, and PhotoShop Album is not available. I use iView Media Pro 2.5, usually. iView stores its own previews (rotated or unrotated), and does not edit the actual .jpeg file unless I do an edit from iView (it can crop, etc.).

The problem is happening with images from both cameras. The problem happens weather I use iView or not. The sequence is as follows:

I shoot a portrait shot with the camera, using the "auto rotate" feature. I open the .jpeg in PhotoShop 8.0 (CS)
The first time I open it, it opens in proper aligment (portrait). If I make any edit and save then:
The thumbnail indicates portrait.
If I open it in orther apps, it’s portrait (Explorer, Preview (a viewer app for mac), etc.) If I open it in PhotoShop, it is now landscape.
If I rotate the image back to portrait in PhotoShop and save it, the next time I open it in PhotoShop, it is in landscape again.

And here’s where it gets strange…

If I simply MOVE the image from its original folder, to another folder, to the desktop, etc., it will open properly.
If I make edits to it in the moved location, it functions properly (opens/views/etc.) If I put it back in its original location, after viewing it and saving it in another, it functions properly.

Talk about a bug…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
I would see this as a conflict with i View Pro.

View Pro is still telling PS to rotate the image when opened?

why not use the file browser in PS CS. I’ve never had this problem.
K
kevinswan
Jul 9, 2004
Because the file browser does not sort and organize thousands of images, allowing me to group them, move them, etc. Please read the post. I said, "The problem happens weather I use iView or not."
B
Buko
Jul 9, 2004
If you originally open the file in file browser do you have the problem??

If not then i View Pro is the problem.

you do say that moving the image fixes the problem.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections