AR
Posted By
Alex_Rowland
Dec 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to upgrade to Elements 2.0 and Album 2.0 I have 1.0 of both…Is there a way to buy just the upgrade and not the whole 2.0 software???

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Redmonite
Dec 19, 2003
From what Adobe told me (emailed actually) PE 2 has no discounted upgrade from PE 1. Don’t think Album would be any different.
wrote in message
I want to upgrade to Elements 2.0 and Album 2.0 I have 1.0 of both…Is
there a way to buy just the upgrade and not the whole 2.0 software???
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 19, 2003
No, sorry. Adobe doesn’t issue upgrades for these two pieces of software, but the fact you have both will entitle you to a $30 rebate from Adobe. Ah, maybe more. I don’t use Album, but I suppose it could have a rebate separate from that of Elements. Have you checked Amazon? They usually list any/all rebates that can apply.
RR
Raymond Robillard
Dec 19, 2003
Beth, I thought as you, but recheck this morning, and there is an update for Photoshop Elements 2.0, available by download, for 69.00$

< http://www.adobe.com/store/products/competitive_upgrade.jhtm l?id=catPSE2_ESD>

And Photoshop Album 2.0 is available by download as well at 24.99$ (US and Canada residents only).

< http://www.adobe.com/store/products/master.jhtml?id=catPhoto shopAlbum&sourcecode=106577>

93.99$ would be the total.

Ray
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 19, 2003
Hmmm. I don’t think that’s a "true" upgrade. Amazon is offering just about the same thing on the boxed combo – $97.47 for both, and then there’s a $30 rebate on Elements and a $20 rebate on Album. Of course I’m the person who’d rather have the boxed version and get a CD and manual instead of a download. 🙂

< http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000DBIHW/qid =1071848267/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-software/103-4944890-0288653 ?v=glance&s=software&n=229534>
RR
Raymond Robillard
Dec 19, 2003
Wow! Amazon offer beats this one!

Go ahead with the upgrade then, it’s worth it, if not only for the Elements manual.

By the way Alex, Album 2.0 only runs on Windows XP (not sure about Windows 2000)

Ray
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 20, 2003
I always favor the boxed version rather than downloading software, even if I have to spend a few more bucks. My puter crashes, hangs up or just dies on me so often that it would be a simpler for me to have a hard copy handy. Having a manual also is a definite plus too. When it comes time to upgrade, I’ll have the UPC label to prove ownsership rather than just an code number. The only problem is finding enough space to store these boxes and manuals.

Shan
R
Ray
Dec 21, 2003
Shan,

For every software I buy with a box / manual, I keep the box top and the UPC symbol in a file, than throw away the rest of the box to the recycle bin. Saves space, and so far, has always helped me get rebates when asked to show proof of ownership.

Ray
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 22, 2003
Ray,

Great idea with saving just the box tops and the UPC. I’m going to give it a try as my new year resolution. 😉

Shan
R
Ray
Dec 22, 2003
You might consider other parts of the box, such as if there’s a sticker on the side that says something like "certificate of authenticity" (Microsoft sticks them on their box to certify the
software is genuine and they’ll wanna see it back for a rebate).

Ray
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 22, 2003
Yep, that too Ray.

Shan

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections