File Info ignored (Photoshop CS – Mac OS X 10.3)

NA
Posted By
Nate_Alf
Jul 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have seen a few files that are presenting FIle Info errors when opening. A save as (tried many formats) does not remove the bad metadata, and obviously I cannpt open the File Info dialog to remove the corrupt data. When I viewed the file with BBEdit, it appears as if somehow a apple print plist was embedded?!

?xpacket end=’w’?>8BIM ê

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
PeterK.
Jul 13, 2004
I’ve discovered that whenever I get this error, it’s because of some of the characters in the description or caption in the file info dialog box. Unfortunately, it seems that CS won’t even open the file info dialog when this corruption occurs. If you still have photoshop 7 though, you can open the file in 7 and go to the file info dialog, delete the characters, resave and the problem is gone.
PD
Paul_D._Ferguson
Jul 13, 2004
Hi Nate,

Can you send me a file that is giving you this problem (since I don’t need the image, you can resize it down to make it smaller to send). Please also include any relevant information about how the file was created or edited before you encountered this error. You can email me at ferguson @ adobe . com.

The text you show in your posting doesn’t look abnormal; the "xpacket end=’w’?>" is the end of an XMP packet, not an Apple plist.

Paul
X
xyz3
Jul 13, 2004
I would be happy to send, I can put it on my idisk public share, or I can email. It’s only 948 k..

BTW – the orig post was truncated..

Will try again:

——————————-
<?xpacket end=’w’?>text the forums don’t like <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>com.apple.print.PageFormat.PMHorizontalRes</key> <dict>
<key>com.apple.print.ticket.creator</key>
<string>com.apple.printingmanager</string>
<key>com.apple.print.ticket.itemArray</key>
P
PeterK.
Jul 13, 2004
– reposted info by accident

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections