JE
Posted By
Joseph_E_Mulligan
Oct 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Toshiba M4 and the same problem in both CS and CS2. I downloaded the updated Wacom driver and installed. Neither version of Photoshop would open. After un-installing the Wacom Application, they are back where they started, No pen features are available. Photoshop does not recognize the tablet as other than a mouse.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 9, 2005
Joseph – you need to contact Wacom or Toshiba and get updated drivers. Although, the fact that the applications wouldn’t launch doesn’t sound good – like your system may be corrupted or you might have a bad tablet.
JE
Joseph_E_Mulligan
Oct 14, 2005
Chris
Toshiba does not offer a driver update. Installing the latest Wacom driver locks up Photoshop CS2 on startup. The problem happens only in Photoshop CS & CS2, all other apps (including Illustrator CS2 and Acrobat 7) work fine.
CC
Chris_Cox
Oct 14, 2005
Then you need to contact Wacom. Either their driver has a serious bug, or your have a problem with your tablet hardware (which is what this sounds like due to the lockup).
JE
Joseph_E_Mulligan
Oct 14, 2005
See Evan Kester above. Same problem on a Toshiba Satellite R15-S822. My impression is that Toshiba has altered the driver and the tablet from OEM, but no update is available.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections