JS
Posted By
James_Sc
Jul 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, I really need some help here. We have at work here PS CS on Mac g5’s with 2 g’s of ram. Every single time, on both machines, when attempting to use a motion blur filter, PS just decides to disappear? Every time. resarts dont help, nothing. Any idea’s? Thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

G
graffiti
Jul 19, 2004
Have you deleted your preferences yet?
JS
James_Sc
Jul 19, 2004
Prefrences? Im not sure I follow? What prefrences do you mean?
G
graffiti
Jul 19, 2004
You have some preference files that can cause issues if they become corrupt.

To delete and re-create the preferences files, start Photoshop and, as it starts, hold down Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS), and then click Yes to the prompt "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"

Settings like pallet locations will be reverted back to default.
JS
James_Sc
Jul 19, 2004
Ahhh, I did not know that. Thanks a million. It fixed the problem.
G
graffiti
Jul 19, 2004
Glad it worked.
JS
James_Sc
Jul 20, 2004
Well, it worked for about an hour or so, now, it’s back to quiting every time I do a motion blur. I have lots of jobs that need to be completed and one of them is in need of this effect. Any idea’s? Thanks?
R
Ram
Jul 20, 2004
James,

You may have some corruption in your account that is damaging your Photoshop preferences files. Try creating a new account and logging in as a different user.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 20, 2004
Also try running "Repair Permissions" from Disk Utility.

Or run Cocktail.
JS
James_Sc
Jul 21, 2004
Thanks. I’ll try that.

"repair permissions didn’t help"
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
It is very possible that you have bad, or badly matched, RAM in that particular machine.

Test by removing and exchanging one pair at a time and also check for loose internal connections of all cards and cables.
RC
Rich_Carroll
Aug 12, 2004
Are you by chance applying a motion blur using a right angle? 90 degrees or 180 or 270?
We found that by changing this to 91 degrees, the filter worked consistently.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections