D
Posted By
DHWood
Jul 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
By that, I don’t mean that there’s a problem with the text size control on the Character palette.

On the Channels palette, the Layers palette, and various other places within Photoshop like the size indicator at the bottom of the workspace and even the registration name and serial number on the About… box, there is a specific typeface. And on my system, that typeface has inexplicably grown.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the application (Photoshop, that is), and text in those specific places is still much larger than the norm. Meanwhile, the type in similar places in ImageReady and Illustrator is still the same size it was.

Has anyone had this experience before, and how can I fix it?

Yeah, it’s a minor point, but if I weren’t aesthetically particular, then I wouldn’t have gotten the Creative Suite…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
Ram
Jul 21, 2004
Before re-installing Photoshop did you remember to delete the old Preferences file too? Otherwise you end up right where you started.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
Actually it would be rather nice to have the option in Preferences to set the size of type in the palettes.

My monitor will permit screen resolution up to 2048 x 1536 px but the text in the palettes becomes totally unreadable at that setting.
D
DHWood
Jul 21, 2004
I removed the application, the preferences folder, and the com.adobe.Photoshop plist. Then I reinstalled and restarted Photoshop — same thing.

I wonder if this has less to do with a setting in Photoshop and more to do with what fonts Photoshop can see. In addition to the palette text size problem, the last font on the menu on my install of PSCS is Symbol. Anything after that (beginning with T-Z) does not show up. ImageReady doesn’t have that problem, and shows fonts at normal size. Hmmmm…
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jul 21, 2004
<< the last font on the menu on my install of PSCS is Symbol. Anything after that (beginning with T-Z) does not show up. >>

You have too many activated fonts for Photoshop to handle and you need a Font Management application (such as FontAgent Pro) to control this situation.

As far as System/Library/Fonts are concerned, it is essential that Geneva is installed in that folder.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections