TW
Posted By
TIM_WADE
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am new to Photoshop Elements. When I save a modified photo then re-open it in any program it contains a rectangle background that is at best white. I would like to be able to end up with just the photo as it is cut out or (bordered) with no background around it or just a clear "see through" background. For example a photo of a stop sign that is cut out around the shape in photoshop elements always re-opens as a stop sign with a square or rectangle white border around it instead of just the cut out stop sign. Your help is appreciated!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Tim,

If you are using jpg format that is the reason as it does not honor/support transparency. All images are rectangular, though you can have a transparent edge and it wouldn’t appear so. Gif supports transparency. If you can’t use a .psd file, convert to gif.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 29, 2003
Tim,

The blue/shite checkerboard pattern in PSE denotes transparency. Always have your Layers Palette visible along the right hand side of your work area. You can use File>Save for Web to convert to gif or keep it in .psd (but not compatible with everything, you would need the program)
MM
Mac_McDougald
Dec 29, 2003
If app you’re putting image into supports it, TIFF with transparency saved might work also.

Mac

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections