G
Posted By
gwo
Dec 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
currently working with a jpeg in xp pe2.
it is 72 dpi, there is no other art available.
since it is from the internet, it creates
a fuzzy grain around the logo.
any suggestions to make it successful?
I already took a copy, and then scanned it off the copy. no luck on that one.

thank you
gwo

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 29, 2003
When you download something like that from the internet, it has been reduced in size as much as possible for the purposes of quick loading. I’ve tried the same thing from time to time myself, and there’s just no way you can make "something" out of "nothing." There is one thread currently running about printing a 13 X 19 image. In there a couple of us talked about a method of upsampling that sometimes produces halfway decent results. You might want to check it out and try it with your image.
G
gwo
Dec 29, 2003
thank you for your help

will give it a try!

figured as much, it is difficult dealing with art at 72 dpi.

gwo
SK
Shan_Ko
Dec 30, 2003
Beth,

I tried incremental upsampling on tiny image files downloaded from the internet. They turned out to be gritty and fuzzy and with a funny color shift. Web images with small pixel dimensions are simply not worth the trouble. The only free lunch is the one already paid for. 😉

Shan
G
gwo
Dec 30, 2003
thank you!
it is time to just lie it on the line and
make others understand
gwo
BB
Bert_Bigelow
Dec 30, 2003
gwo,
The 72 dpi has nothing to do with your problem. The problem is just image size. Not enough pixels. You can easily change the resolution to anything you want, but if it’s small (two or three hundred pixels in each dimension or less) you’ll just get a very small image. Resampling is your only option, and as Beth and Shan have said, you can’t make something out of nothing. You need to find a larger version if you can.
Bert

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections