CS
Posted By
Clive_Schaupmeyer
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I prefer to use the "brush size" cursor in PSE versus "standard" or "precise". That’s where it is set, but about every third trip to PSE the cursor has changed to the "precise" (+) cursor even tho I have changed nothing myself. My PS LE also did this. It’s rather frustrating as it does NOT change back when I go through…Edit > Pref > Displays & Cursors and reselect "brush size." It never comes back as the "brush size" unless I close PSE. USUALLY (but not always) when I close PSE and go back in the cursor is where I just set it at "brush size." Not consistent.

BTW…the PSE is used on a diff computer than the PS LE. It’s a gremlin in PSE . . . versus my machines.

It’s a minor issue, but frustrating. Stuff like this should not change without being told to do so. I do not like the "precise" (+) tool.

Thanks!

Clive

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 30, 2003
Clive,

Is your Caps Lock on?
CS
Clive_Schaupmeyer
Dec 30, 2003
NANCY!! Thanks a bunch! YES! My caps lock is intermittently ON or off. Duh! I am an idiot. OR that is a silly protocol in PSE. I can see some use for the instant switching perhaps……

I NEVER CONNECTED THE TWO: CAPS LOCK AND CURSOR TYPE.

This explanation is probably in "the manual" and I’ve never read that stuff. The PSE "help" program was no help with this at all.

Thank you very much! Happy 2004!

Clive
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 30, 2003
It’s good to be happy!
B
Bernie
Dec 31, 2003
You are hitting your caps lock key

Bigcat

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 08:38:12 -0800,
wrote:

I prefer to use the "brush size" cursor in PSE versus "standard" or "precise". That’s where it is set, but about every third trip to PSE the cursor has changed to the "precise" (+) cursor even tho I have changed nothing myself. My PS LE also did this. It’s rather frustrating as it does NOT change back when I go through…Edit > Pref > Displays & Cursors and reselect "brush size." It never comes back as the "brush size" unless I close PSE. USUALLY (but not always) when I close PSE and go back in the cursor is where I just set it at "brush size." Not consistent.

BTW…the PSE is used on a diff computer than the PS LE. It’s a gremlin in PSE . . . versus my machines.

It’s a minor issue, but frustrating. Stuff like this should not change without being told to do so. I do not like the "precise" (+) tool.

Thanks!

Clive

____________________________________________________________ ___________________ Posted Via Uncensored-News.Com – Accounts Starting At $6.95 – http://www.uncensored-news.com <><><><><><><> The Worlds Uncensored News Source <><><><><><><><>
ML
Monkey_Lord
Jan 1, 2004
HOLY COW!

This has been bugging me for AGES, through SEVERAL versions of Photoshop I might add… and I never, ever, EVER connected the two!

This is REALLY something that should be included in the searchable help.
BG
Byron_Gale
Jan 1, 2004
Monkey,

Looks like Adobe already took your advice…

Using PSE’s Help System Search, I enter "precise cursor" and one of the results is "using tool pointers", which contains the text "To toggle between standard and precise cursors of some tool pointers, press Caps Lock. Press Caps Lock again to return to your original setting.".

Byron
CS
Clive_Schaupmeyer
Jan 1, 2004
Monkey Lord,

Well THAT makes me feel better. Me too…never connected the two and would get POd when it would "change" for no apparent reason.

Found new use of PSE. Bought my wife a fancy embroidery sewing machine for Christmas. We purchased embroidery design software. I can take a PS photograph and create "tracing paper" with a second transparent layer >> trace the outline of the object >> then ship file to the embroidery software >>> color fills and define the sewing attributes. Pretty cool stuff. Just did a corn cob–will look good when sewn.

Thanks for the help Nancy and HNY to everyone!

Clive
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 1, 2004
Clive,

What fun! We do live in an interesting era with the present technology. She can make some very personalized, customized embroidery projects…I can think of many possibilities. What a nice husband to give such a fine gift!

Come back Clive if you run into other snags with the program. There are many helpful people on this forum and no need to be frustrated on some issue you can’t resolve.

Nancy
PA
Patti_Anderson
Jan 1, 2004
You got me curious so I went to see if I could find this Caps Lock feature mentioned in the Elements 2 manual. I found it on page 34 of the manual, second column, the special hint with the light bulb. It’s also in the on line help — I found it by doing a search for Caps.

Also can be found on the Quick Reference card that came in the Elements box, front side lower left under Toolbar shortcuts. It’s funny, but now that I’ve taken a closer look at the Quick Reference card, there’s a lot of things on there I’ve discovered on my own or asked for on this forum! 🙂

Patti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections