JA
Posted By
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In which year(s) do Christmas Day and New Years Day fall on different days of the week?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TB
Terry Boyles
Jan 1, 2004
Leap year?
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 1, 2004
Nope – anyone else?

"Terry Boyles" wrote in message
Leap year?
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 1, 2004
Well, wait a minute. Yes, but that’s not the whole answer………..

Leap year?
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 1, 2004
Simple question. Everybody knows: in a leap year when the 29th of February coincides with December 29th!
If this happens to be on a Saturday, it is a sabbatical year.

Leen
EM
Eric_Matthes
Jan 1, 2004
Every year!

In 2003, Jan 1 was on a Wednesday, and Dec 25 was on a Thursday. Every non-leap year, Christmas is one day of the week past New Year’s. In leap years, it is two days of the week past New Year’s.

Most people compare Christmas of the current year to New Year’s of the next year.
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 1, 2004
Yeah Eric!! You get the extra glass of bubbly for knowing the answer! Cheers to everyone – it’s time to shut down my computer for the night. I have to work tomorrow at 8 a.m. so it’s time to start to wind down.

May 2004 bring you lots of time to play with PSE – and spectacular results. 🙂

wrote in message
Every year!

In 2003, Jan 1 was on a Wednesday, and Dec 25 was on a Thursday. Every
non-leap year, Christmas is one day of the week past New Year’s. In leap years, it is two days of the week past New Year’s.
Most people compare Christmas of the current year to New Year’s of the
next year.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 1, 2004
Hmm, I prefer my own answer. It’s more in the spirit of what Grant’s father used to say about the truth and a good story.
I love that man!

Leen
AT
Andrew_Turek
Jan 2, 2004
And in 20,606 Christmas Day will be the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashonah. Now there’s some really useful information.

If anyone wants an Excel file which converts Hebrew and civil dates, finds the holidays, and various other tricks, just give me an email address and it will follow.

Andrew.
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 3, 2004
I found an even cooler website. If you’ve ever wondered how old you are on other planets in our solar system……….
http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

I REALLY need to spend less time on my computer!

wrote in message
And in 20,606 Christmas Day will be the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashonah.
Now there’s some really useful information.
If anyone wants an Excel file which converts Hebrew and civil dates, finds
the holidays, and various other tricks, just give me an email address and it will follow.
Andrew.
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 3, 2004
Ohhhhhhhhhh! I’ll be 200 years old on Mars this coming Monday. Happy Birthday to me!

wrote in message
I found an even cooler website. If you’ve ever wondered how old you are on other planets in our solar system……….
http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

I REALLY need to spend less time on my computer!

wrote in message
And in 20,606 Christmas Day will be the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashonah.
Now there’s some really useful information.
If anyone wants an Excel file which converts Hebrew and civil dates,
finds
the holidays, and various other tricks, just give me an email address and
it
will follow.
Andrew.

R
Ray
Jan 3, 2004
JoAnn… 200 years old on Mars ??? That would mean you’re actually 376 years old here… Humm… I bet I’m not gonna be sitting at my computer when I’ll reach your age, that’s a sure thing!

Btw, I’m 19 on Mars… BARELY LEGAL !! lol

Ray

Ohhhhhhhhhh! I’ll be 200 years old on Mars this coming Monday. Happy Birthday to me!
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 4, 2004
Oops – wrong M planet – Mercury, not Mars. I’ll be 26 on Mars this September. Isn’t this a cool but totally useless website??

"Ray" wrote in message
JoAnn… 200 years old on Mars ??? That would mean you’re actually 376
years old here… Humm… I
bet I’m not gonna be sitting at my computer when I’ll reach your age,
that’s a sure thing!
Btw, I’m 19 on Mars… BARELY LEGAL !! lol

Ray

TB
Terry Boyles
Jan 5, 2004
JoAnn,
I e-mailed this website to my 11 yr. old grandson. He just loves stuff like this! Thank you for the link.

Terry
JA
JoAnn_Amerson
Jan 5, 2004
I hope he does too!

JoAnn,
I e-mailed this website to my 11 yr. old grandson. He just loves stuff
like this! Thank you for the link.
Terry
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 5, 2004
I think I will go to Mars. I have so many things to do and so little time…

JoAnn, will I send your birthday present to Mars or Mercury? BTW, there is a nice golf cart waiting for you on Mars. Brandnew and never been used before.

Leen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 5, 2004
Leen, what on earth are you talking about ? I mean…mars ? Golf cart ?? NASA lost the first buggy pig they sent up….I’m not sure she’ll find it though. By now there is no telling which 2 year old noid has taken it apart. 😉
LK
Leen_Koper
Jan 5, 2004
I’m learning every new day.
Time for my daily portion of knowledge.
Jodi, what is a "noid"?

Leen

BTW, there is a brandnew buggy, delivered just a few days ago, on Mars. No license plate however. Even more exciting: there is a digital camera with remote control on board!

Leen
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 5, 2004
Leen, yes I’m on top of the new mars buggy. Nasa is just so thrilled that this one landed and sent back some pics….they are just so thrilled they haven’t lost it yet.

Noid ? it’s the alien terminology for ‘nerd’….which is a basically a geek. Either one of those sound familiar to you ? 🙂
MR
Mark_Reibman
Jan 5, 2004
This Mars rover is really quite extraordinary. I saw the Nova segment last night on PBS on the project with all the problems and risks this entailed. It is really quite a engineering and technological marvel. Tuesday is the day that it will start sending back color images. You can watch on public television tomorrow night or on the web at nasa.gov.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 5, 2004
I just can’t wait for them to tell the world that Mars was a planet with life. That buggy will be picking up speciments from all it can and scientist will then disect this stuff and determine if there was once water on the red planet. Geeze, I lost my wallet last time I was there….perhaps I should prepare to ‘answer’ questions. … " I don’t remember ‘…ya ya that’s it. Actually, the poor guy really didn’t remember…he had Alzeimers.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 5, 2004
What one amateur has done with the images that have already been released

http://users.aol.com/bikedave1/mars_pano_viewer.htm

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 5, 2004
Cool ! but, where are the hills ? I thought for sure Mars had hills.
GD
Grant_Dixon
Jan 5, 2004
Jodi

Because Mars is so much smaller than the earth the horizon falls off much faster. While there are lots and lots of "hills" you will have to get really close to them to see them. For example if you were standing in the middle of Valles Marineris you would not see the side it would look like a plain not like the bottom of the Grand Canyon on steroids.

g.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jan 5, 2004
Ah ! i see. Thank you for that clarification.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections