DC
Posted By
Dick_Carmichael
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new and felt asking this question is quicker than trying to locate info on my own. The question is, how do I bring pictures that are in Adobe PhotoShop Album 2 into Adobe PhotoShop Elements 2? Since it is not discussed it must be very simple.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 1, 2004
Start your Album program. Select photo you desire to edit. Right click on selected photo. A menu will appear. Select "edit with Photoshop Elements." The album program will lock your original, send a copy to elements, and start elements. When you have completed your edit, push the bar on your task bar that says photoshop album (this is on Windows…I’m not sure if it’s exactly the same on a Mac), and you and your edited photo will be back in album.
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Dick,

Terri’s info is the recommended way of doing it, there’s a disadvantage : Album will retain untouched version of your pictures. I don’t know if it’s a bug, but Album 1.0 kept a copy each and every time I modified a picture. This takes space on your hard drive. Once you’re absolutely certain you’re satisfied with the picture, you might consider to relace the original with edited to release hard drive space. Otherwise, this gives you the option of reverting back to your picture original’s state.

If you only want to bring a picture in Elements for, say cutting out a piece for a collage, you might try this other route : Start Album. Start Elements. Then in Album, click and drag your selected picture onto Windows’ task bar where Elements is. Elements will in a few moments become the foreground application. Keep draging the picture on an empty space on the Elements desktop and release the mouse button. This will not lock up the picture in Album, and will not create a duplicate for safekeeping as well. At this point, you may shutdown Album, it won’t matter.

Terri, Album is a Windows only software.

Ray
TF
Terri_Foster
Jan 1, 2004
Ray, cool. I didn’t realize I could drag a photo between applications. Can I do that with another software application and elements or is that a strickly copy to clipboard and paste operation? I did realize that about the keeping copies of each edit…I just figured he’d know to delete anything he didn’t want. By the way, Dick, always work on a copy…don’t delete your originals unless you’ve copied them onto removable media (and have checked that your photos are there). Also I’m guessing you know that if you delete from album and also remove from hard drive photos are gone forever…thought I’d throw that in because not too many months ago there was a thread about someone deleting their photos thinking that album actually stored them…it doesn’t (it only provides an easy orderly way to view and access your photos).
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004
Terri,

The Drag ‘n’ Drop technique works in a multitude of applications. From Album to Microsoft Word, for
example. Or to Outlook Express (to e-mail one or several pictures). Keep in mind, though, that it doesn’t change the picture’s size / pixel dimension. If you’re dragging a 10Mb file onto an e-mail note, well, that’s what the recipient will receive… a 10Mb large note… 😉 You can also select several pictures in Album ([CTRL]-Click on each of them), and click ‘n’ drag to an opened note in Outlook to e-mail several at a times. This, also, eliminates the prefab message Album is putting in every outgoing e-mails it generates (i.e. "Visit Adobe to get more details on Album"..
sort of..)

There are two ways of deleting a picture in Album.. Right click and choose Delete. Album will ask you if you want to delete the file as well, or simply remove the entry from the catalog. Deleting the file as well will permanently remove the file from your system. Opting out from the delete file
as well will only remove the entry in your catalog.

Note that the housecleaning is recommended every now and then. When you remove a picture in Album, it doesn’t "shrink" the catalog. For this, you need to do "File / Catalog / Recover". The name is
not exactly what the command does. It actually repairs the catalog and compress it. You’d be suprised how much space can be saved this way.

Ray
DC
Dick_Carmichael
Jan 1, 2004
Thanks for all the help and on a holiday yet. I was testing Terri’s method and all went well until I tried to find a bar that says "Photoshop Album". Where is it hidden? Dick
R
Ray
Jan 1, 2004

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections