AD
Posted By
Albert_Dukes
Jan 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
when running photoshop elements 2.0 with Windows ME I get this message if I first work in internet explorer and then go to work in Elements…even if I close out of explorer first

I get an error that says ‘Iexlplorer has caused an error in user exe’ if first I go to elements and then try to work in explorer, even if I close out of elements first…what gives?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Albert,

Are you using IE6?
AD
Albert_Dukes
Jan 5, 2004
yes I am…any ideas?
NS
Nancy_S
Jan 5, 2004
Albert,

Sorry to burst your bubble, I would have suggested updating to version 6 if it wasn’t running…..

Have you done a search on this forum and at the Adobe support site? Do you keep up with your Windows "housekeeping", like empty Recyle Bin, empty Temp Internet files, delete WindowsTemp files, defrag? Have you had other computer problems lately, or error messages? Sounds like you have a problem with IE. Did you install with antivirus software disabled?
EW
Ed_Wurster
Jan 5, 2004
wrote:
when running photoshop elements 2.0 with Windows ME I get this message if I first work in internet explorer and then go to work in Elements…even if I close out of explorer first

I get an error that says ‘Iexlplorer has caused an error in user exe’ if first I go to elements and then try to work in explorer, even if I close out of elements first…what gives?

If your error is "Iexplorer has caused an error in user.exe" then you can search google or google groups on that and find many possibilities.

I would try cleaning up all the temp folders in IE, including history. Turn off auto-complete forms in IE. Run programs to look for adware and spyware, and remove the offenders.

Unfortunately it is not a specific error that leads to one fix.

Ed

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections